Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Group Ticket Ballot.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
So, if the opt-out is after the draw and you're saying you don't have to put it on the exchange because you just opt out, are the club then doing a second draw for the tickets of all those that opt out?

And then another draw for all those that opt out from the second draw?

And then another draw?

Has to be an opt out before the draw, surely?
I don't know, I didn't question that. It would seem another draw is done but I don't know. The other issue with this is the amount of time it will take. Second draw pulls out another 400 people, 300 of those don't want to go, another draw required and on and on. Strange.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't know, I didn't question that. It would seem another draw is done but I don't know. The other issue with this is the amount of time it will take. Second draw pulls out another 400 people, 300 of those don't want to go, another draw required and on and on. Strange.

I don't think there would be any need for a second draw.

They would go over the max with the first draw - maybe choose 6k instead of just 4k. When the 4k allocation is reached and the lucky fans informed, they are given a deadlne to decline their ticket. After that deadline, say 500 chose not to go, then the people who were 4,001 to 4,500 would get those tickets instead. Any tickets turned down by the second batch would maybe go on general sale.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm now convinced this is straightforward! Every group or 'bubble' is given one entry in the draw. And all those people in the group get a ticket if they are successful. Think of it like balls being drawn out of the velvet bag:

Ball 1: Billy Nomates
Ball 2: Bob and Veronica
Ball 3: Mary, Mungo and Midge
Ball 4: John, Paul, George and Ringo
Ball 5: Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, Velma and Scooby

Each ball has a 1 in 5 chance of being successful. So if ball 1 and ball 4 were drawn out, Billy would get a ticket, as would John, Paul, George and Ringo.

But all four of them still only have a 1 in 5 chance, just like Billy.

Simples.

That’s what I meant. You explained it better.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think there would be any need for a second draw.

They would go over the max with the first draw - maybe choose 6k instead of just 4k. When the 4k allocation is reached and the lucky fans informed, they are given a deadlne to decline their ticket. After that deadline, say 500 chose not to go, then the people who were 4,001 to 4,500 would get those tickets instead. Any tickets turned down by the second batch would maybe go on general sale.
Sounds like a plan. [emoji106]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only 2,000 tickets then. Oh well.

Still think anyone organised can go to every game. I’m gonna try do it to prove this point. Others will just moan on here rather than using their energy to grab tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here