Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Grounds You've Seen But Not Seen A Game

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I cruised pass the Ricoh Arena whilst on a narrowboat on the Coventry Canal last week!
f12f32c549b5ffafb50cf1afd3a93c0a.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
San Siro.
Long time ago......travelling light, rough and as cheaply as poss.......found myself at pavement cafe close to stadium....talked at length with a group of old men who lived and breathed football....the years falling off them as they reminisced about their heroes....looked at the ground and wished for 90 minutes inside....... but time waits for no man and the thumb had to come out and start hitching again.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Crewe is one ground I've never got to a game at but passed on a train.
Weirdly never seen a game at Fratton Park but a few of us had a wander round the pitch one night after we found a gate left open.
Went past Estadio Nacional in Lima, Peru on a bus.
Stayed in the hotel on the side of AFC Telfords ground a couple of weeks ago.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The original Estadio da Luz in Lisbon on a Friday night at 30,000+ feet in the air from the cockpit of a Dan-Air flight from Gatwick to Tenerife as a kid. My Mum asked the cabin crew if I could visit the cockpit, which back then could be done for kids and I when was called in and met the 2 pilots, they pointed out to me where we flying over and the 2 landmarks they highlighted were that and the Ponte 25 de Abril bridge which could clearly be seen.

I've seen other stadiums I've not a seen a game at, but nothing will compare to that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Lots of uk grounds whilst travelling for work, But most notable are the San Siro, on my Lambretta, whilst in Milan for the 50th anniversary Lambretta rally in 1997. And both Ploiesti grounds, whilst in Romania in '99, we did actually get to the local derby and a few Steau Bucuresti games whilst there too.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Driven past Home Park and Prenton Park. Can't miss Dorchester's ground if you drive to the South West. Also drove past Maine Road once. Drove past the Reebok but went to Burnden Park. Had a Tour of Le Havre's old ground when we played a friendly at a Withdean alike. Been to The City Ground so walked past Trent Bridge and Meadow Lane - also drive past the Oval. Driven past the Liberty but only been to The Vetch. Driven past Twickenham a few times. Parked next to Folkestone Invicta a few times. Been to Holcombe Hockey Club and East Grinstead Hockey Club but not seen a game. Was on a coach going past Tenerife's ground. Went to the baseball ground at Disney, Florida where teams train. At a push, been shopping at the old cricket out ground in Hastings. Driven past the New Meadow but only been to Gay Meadow.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
• Estádio do Dragão, Porto
• Cardiff Arms Park
• County Ground, Taunton
• RCA Dome, Indianapolis
• Howard J. Lamade Stadium, South Williamsport, Pennsylvania. It’s where they host the Baseball Little League World Series. An overnight stay on a US roadtrip and my room overlooked this scaled-down stadium; looked like a model.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nou Camp
Molineaux
Villa Park
Hawthorns
Tunbridge Wells (Kent CCC)
Bloomfield Road
Meadow Lane
Trent Bridge (Notts CCC)
Hillsborough
Bramall Lane
Roots Hall
King Power Stadium
Portman Road
London Stadium (but went to the Boleyn)

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Tour of the Nou Camp in 1977 and again in 1998, not much had changed apart from the trophy room which seemed about twice as big, there's a surprise!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two stick out in my mind, Bootham Crescent Hull, got to the ground to be told the game against Albion had failed a pitch inspection a couple of hours before kick off. Then we decided we would take the train to Doncaster to watch a game at Belle Vue, and exactly the same thing happened, the game was rained off.

Both grounds long gone now of course. What a wasted weekend that turned out to be.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’ve driven past the Bescot on the M6 on many occasions travelling north to meet relatives. Never caught a game there but heard it’s got one of the best atmospheres in the Lowe leagues so really ought to try and take in a game there one time.

Proud to say I went there and was one of a number of fans able to hurl abuse at Bellotti from a short distance.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Went to Port Vale FC to see Motorhead in 1980, but not been there for footie and have done a stadium tour of Stadium of Light Sunderland, but seen a match there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Spent a week in Funchal, Madeira t'other year. Hotel was just down the hill from the ground of C.S. Marítimo, who seem to always do ok in the Portuguese PL equivalent. Had a nosey round, obviously. Neat tidy ground. Spectacular views. It's got a club shop. It's even got a bandstand. Bit of a bugger trying to attend away games on a regular basis tho, I'd have thought.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
https://www.stadiumguide.com/karaiskaki/

It's home to Olympiakos and is on the metro line from Athens Airport to the port of Piraeus. Like Falmer it has its own train station.

I've also been inside the Olympic stadium in Athens where (now) both Panathinaikos and AEK Athens play.

It was for a few years after the 2004 games, unused and unkempt - indeed we just wandered in. There was still (very green) water in the Olympic swimming and diving pools.

At least now it's being used, but AEK and Panathinaikos fans would much rather be at their old, far more atmospheric grounds.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The SCG 2010-11 Ashes (when we had a decent side).

Having had a couple of days at the CRUSHING defeat of the Convicts at the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne and we were supposed to be seeing Mrs J's relatives I dipped out on trying to get a ticket.

We thrashed them there as well of course, Happy Days...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here