Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grounds you've been to Abroad?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Back in July this year, me and the Missus took a trip to Brussels and Amsterdam, but instead of going to the Amsterdam Arena, because the Train what was taking us to the City had a signal failure on the border of Holland, we had to scrap our plans of doing the tour. So the next morning, we decided to travel by tube to the Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, R.S.C Anderlecht.

Albion shirt on, dodgy looks all round on the tube. But we got to the Stadium after getting lost for an hour or so. Finally we made it to ground.

So what grounds have you've been to abroad? Pictures would be ideal as well?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Been to loads. About 20 according to GroundHopper

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
SBV Excelcior versus FC Twente at Stadion Woudestein in Rotterdam (tiny compact ground).

Hertha BSC versus Dynam Dresden at Olympic Stadium, Berlin (massively impressive and instantly recognisable from the pictures you see of Jesse Owens, Hitler etc at the 1936 Olympics, but wouldn't like it as a fan- running track. They still manage to get a decent atmosphere going, though. Bloody awful football mind.).

Last edited:

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
This is the one where I live in Brno. 2 quid to get in and you can drink during the game. :drink:

163.jpg

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Monaco Stadium

Sparta 6 Brno 0
Lazio 2 Inter 2
Le Harve 2 Brighton 0
Andorra 0 England 3 (Espanyol)
Barca 2 Cadiz 0
Barca 6 Ath Madrid 1
Ferencevaros 0 Gyor 1
France 3 Scotland 0
Spain 2 Slovinia 0 (Ajax)
Portugal 3 Germany 0 (Feyenoord)
Germany 0 England 1 (Charlroi)
Besiktas 2 Istanbulspor 0
Hearts 3 Hibs 1
Inter 1 Brescia 3
Lazio 2 Udinese 0

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Living in Australia, I have been to several of the A-League grounds:
Perth Oval (Perth Glory)
Subiaco Oval (Perth Glory)
WACA (Perth Glory)
Parramatta Stadium (Sydney FC)
Hindmarsh Stadium (Adelaide United)
Suncorp Stadium (Brisbane Roar)

I have also been to a couple of other stadiums for the NRL (rugby league).

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
The old Karaiskakis ground in Athens to see Olympiakos vs AEK.

Nou camp, but not for a game just the tour. Doesnt look as big as you think from the outside, but pitch side its humongous.

The olympic stadium in Berlin.

Went on a booze cruise with some mates last year and decided to watch a Calais game, was vs dieppe. Cant remember the name of the ground though. Very nice ground for a team in the equivilent of our conference.

And the Stadia Atleti Azzuri which is Atalantas' stadium (my fav foreign team), great atmosphere, but the crappiest ground ive been since the withdean.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Tsirion Stadium in Limassol most weekends, GSP Stadium Nicosia, four times (twice to see AEL in European competition and twice for internationals Cyprus/Sweden and Ukrane/Sweden, both with a Swedish mate).

I did go and have a look around Bangkok Utd's stadium while I was there but unfortunately there was no game on.

Better shot. Impressive!!

stadion-1fcbrunn.jpg

as previously mentioned, I saw them on the wrong end of a six-nil, they sung and jumped about throughout though, and yes you can drink, 12 of us on a stag doo, I got the beers in just before haltime and they had pre poured trays full, I pointed at one and asked how much, she replied [the equivelent of about £3] I thought expensive but what the hell? got out near on forty quid, but it was the tray of twelve that was 3 quid....lovely (albeit 10 years ago)

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
as previously mentioned, I saw them on the wrong end of a six-nil, they sung and jumped about throughout though, and yes you can drink, 12 of us on a stag doo, I got the beers in just before haltime and they had pre poured trays full, I pointed at one and asked how much, she replied [the equivelent of about £3] I thought expensive but what the hell? got out near on forty quid, but it was the tray of twelve that was 3 quid....lovely (albeit 10 years ago)

Man that is bloody brilliant!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Did a stadium tour of the Nou Camp many years ago. Saw a match at Mallorca. Saw Southampton play at Ad Dammam in Saudi Arabia. Then there was the Oakland Coliseum and the Houston Astrodome for US football matches.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh

Good story. Bet Brno has changed quite a bit in the last 10 years. 12 blokes, 3 quid a round of beers. Can you remember anything of the weekend!!

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Lived and worked in Toulouse in 1999, so went to every home game at the Municipal Stadium.

stadium-toulouse_aerienne.jpg

On other work trips I've managed to get to Bayern vs Wolfsburg and TSV 1860 Munich vs Armenia Bielefeld at the Olympic Stadium.

Also San Jose Earthquakes vs LA Galaxy in 2005 at the Spartan Stadium. The following year the franchise was sold and they became Huston Dynamo!

200px-SPStaSJ.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here