Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grounds We've Won At Often

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I'd imagine the record for this will be some regional ground going back to the div 3 south days

but older fans amongst us will be well aware of our record at Molineux

over the last 40/50 years this has been a happy hunting ground for the Albion

yes,I was there when Wardy bagged a hat trick on a frosty Wolverhampton night all those years ago

pretty sure Molineux must be the ground we've won at most over the last 50 years

but the record?

please someone tell me it's Selhurst!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was at Wolves the night we beat them 4-2 and Palace lost 9-0. Certainly seems a happy hunting ground.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I'd imagine the record for this will be some regional ground going back to the div 3 south days

but older fans amongst us will be well aware of our record at Molineux

over the last 40/50 years this has been a happy hunting ground for the Albion

yes,I was there when Wardy bagged a hat trick on a frosty Wolverhampton night all those years ago

pretty sure Molineux must be the ground we've won at most over the last 50 years

but the record?

please someone tell me it's Selhurst!

I was at Molineux that night , great memories

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The ratio record is likely to be Albion's best.

Brighton had never played Wolves prior to 1970. The away record since then..

Played 18

Won 8
Draw 7
Lost 3

Six of those wins were the first six matches. I was at the first defeat.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Done well at St Mary’s since we were promoted, have not lost down there in the last 5 years

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was at the near derelict Molineux in 79 for Wardie's hat trick. Saw the 4-2 previously mentioned as well as Brian Wade's "other" goal in a 3-2. not forgetting the Knocky super show the week before we went up to the Prem.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In our first stint at top level we beat Wolves every time, IIRC. The only mistake we made was beatiing them twice in 81-82 which helped to relegate them.

Without our regular six points from Wolves, we were doomed to relegation ourselves the next season.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The ratio record is likely to be Albion's best.

Brighton had never played Wolves prior to 1970. The away record since then..

Played 18

Won 8
Draw 7
Lost 3

Six of those wins were the first six matches. I was at the first defeat.

Was that the one where they scored from a corner that should have been our goal kick, and was then taken from way outside of the quadrant? I was there too.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was at Wolves the night we beat them 4-2 and Palace lost 9-0. Certainly seems a happy hunting ground.

Ha, what a night on that big terrace behind the goal, I also believe Portsmouth lost 3-0 at home to Plymouth that night for a full house.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was that the one where they scored from a corner that should have been our goal kick, and was then taken from way outside of the quadrant? I was there too.

It was a 2-0 defeat at the end of December 1991.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow

Fantastic night. I had put it up there with Peterborough and Charlton away under Poyet as our greatest performances I'd ever seen (obviously pre Potter). Then I saw extended highlights on the internet - I was wrong, it was an era of scrappy muddy football.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
DE36D955-9E49-4491-AFCD-E6C988D70C16.png

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I was at the near derelict Molineux in 79 for Wardie's hat trick. Saw the 4-2 previously mentioned as well as Brian Wade's "other" goal in a 3-2. not forgetting the Knocky super show the week before we went up to the Prem.

That's right. The pitch wasn't lined up correctly with the stands because redevelopment had started. Didn't stop Wardie though. I was there too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fantastic night. I had put it up there with Peterborough and Charlton away under Poyet as our greatest performances I'd ever seen (obviously pre Potter). Then I saw extended highlights on the internet - I was wrong, it was an era of scrappy muddy football.

I watched the "Wendy free kick" Ipswich game on youtube not so long ago. There's extended highlights out there. It is DREADFUL. Looks like a park game compared to the Premier League, and I mean compared to a Premier League game featuring Ali Jahanbaksh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here