Ground share with Portsmouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They have other options for ground-sharing , Aldershot , Havant & Waterlooville and perhaps Weymouth.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I've not read this whole thread but the Pompey comments following the BHA v Pompey game suggested that they really didn't want to have a "soulless" and "shit" stadium, so guess what? They can go and swivel!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No chance. Let them share with Havant and waterlooville.

Beat me to it but on reflection, would'nt their ground be too big?

I honestly don't know what you're on about, unless you show me some evidence of something I'll regard you as unnecessarily abusive and obnoxious.

To be fair, he is still learning the NSC way, what with only having been on here for just over two months!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No chance. A ground share with Southampton would be acceptable though :lolol:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Not a chance,we were never going to share with Pompey it was just more bollocks spewing out of that nice Mr.Archers mouth.f*** off Pompey,Pompey f*** off...Mind you, would have no problem with a fans united day/match.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
But 2p in the pound would not cover running costs.
ILIKECANDLES I love your posts as they make me laugh. Good luck next season

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I was reading on ere that it was muted that you might have ground shared with Portsmouth during the end of the goldstone era.

Now the boot is on the other foot, would you ground share with them if the rent was £350k a year (or the salary of a half decent player)?

No they do not pay there bills

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
It would be like like having a brand new house built for yourself, really happy with it, then getting a tramp in to rent the spare room....only to find one day he's f***ed off owing you rent and trashing the room

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It would be like like having a brand new house built for yourself, really happy with it, then getting a tramp in to rent the spare room....only to find one day he's f***ed off owing you rent and trashing the room

Exactly.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
I was reading on ere that it was muted that you might have ground shared with Portsmouth during the end of the goldstone era.

Now the boot is on the other foot, would you ground share with them if the rent was £350k a year (or the salary of a half decent player)?

I think if they were to ground share, Bournemouth would be their number 1 choice?

We aren't after half decent players. We're after proven decent players.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As if Brighton council are going to vary the planning permission to allow loads of Portsmouth Pikeys invade the city every other Saturday.

I'm sure they can find some out of the way ground on the Isle of Wight if it comes to it that they lose Fratton.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

We never wanted to go there, it was only our evil owner and his henchman who came up with this idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports