Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Groom speeches

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
The Groom Speech....yeah i know they're supposed to be easy - a list of thank you's and then something nice about your good wife. But has anyone got any killer one-liners I should be shoehorning in?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
'I hope the happy couple have a great time on their honeymoon in North Wales...' (wait for the 'we're not going there'/confused reaction) 'well, (grooms name) told me he was going away to Bangor for a week'

Lush

Mods' Pet
Not "something nice about your good wife". Go over the top about what an amazing person she is and how lucky you are. Not only will you win over everyone in the room she'll be - er - putty in your hands for months. :)

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Make sure you get in a couple of early jabs at your Best Man's expense, especially if you know he's going to give you a good rinsing afterwards!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was best man last summer and 'my' groom said I suffered from a rare medical.condition that makes me liable to embellish, exaggerate and imagine things that never actually happened.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
How about your glad she has her mothers looks coz her dad isn't much of a looker then claim you are only joking & the only reason you are actually marrying your good wife is because her dad declined your offer of a civil partnership

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Groom speeches? Usually a packet of Haribo and an old mattress in the back of a Transit is enough?

Not "something nice about your good wife". Go over the top about what an amazing person she is and how lucky you are. Not only will you win over everyone in the room she'll be - er - putty in your hands for months. :)

Shouldn't the groom be absolutely sincere?
Go over the top?? Not a great idea, and she might feel uncomfortable. But what you probably mean (being a female) is to focus on all the reasons why this woman is special, why you chose her and feel lucky to have it be mutual, and how you intend to make her never regret this for the rest of her life.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Shouldn't the groom be absolutely sincere?
Go over the top?? Not a great idea, and she might feel uncomfortable. But what you probably mean (being a female) is to focus on all the reasons why this woman is special, why you chose her and feel lucky to have it be mutual, and how you intend to make her never regret this for the rest of her life.
It's hard coz everyone has a different relationship with their wife, something I'd say as a joke to my wife & she would appreciate it coz that's how I am but to another woman & her family it could sound offensive so I guess you'll have to just think very carefully..... But good luck & enjoy the day mate, I got married on 16th of last month but I wasnt really nervous as we have 5 children & have been together for 12 years

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Rubbish. Your wedding day is the only day you can lay it on with a TROWEL and get away with it.
True although I know my wife would hate it if I went all mushy especially in public, like I say peoples relationships are different ain't they..... Wouldn't worry too much though, everybody will probably be drunk lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here