Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimsby Town fan's ejection from Forest Green match investigated

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He probably went on the same stewards course as the bellend in E1G who reprimanded a 3 (yes3) year old and told him to sit down at the game last Saturday, there was of course nobody in front of or behind the 3 year old , so he was in no way at all interfering with any other fan.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I suppose you want to back to violence of the 70's/80's:facepalm:

No Rev, nobody is suggesting that. But are you suggesting that the headlock in the picture is the appropriate way of dealing with an inflatable toy football? I have also seen the pictures from outside the ground and it gets no better for the stewards then either.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Must of changed a lot at FGR been there a fair few times and always been friendly ,even opening the social club one year at 10.30 am on a Sunday.

No Rev, nobody is suggesting that. But are you suggesting that the headlock in the picture is the appropriate way of dealing with an inflatable toy football? I have also seen the pictures from outside the ground and it gets no better for the stewards then either.

People must have more respect for authority once that is gone its the thin end of the wedge and we all know where that can lead to.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No lads at football=stewards getting braver, football clubs employing these morons need to take a good hard look at themselves including BHA.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He probably went on the same stewards course as the bellend in E1G who reprimanded a 3 (yes3) year old and told him to sit down at the game last Saturday, there was of course nobody in front of or behind the 3 year old , so he was in no way at all interfering with any other fan.
I worked as a steward (Whaddon Road and Wembley) whilst at University and there were plenty of them whom seemed intent on creating more problems than dealing with them in the appropriate manner - you didn't need telling that.

I did a minimum force course and have done team teach through the nature of my current role and a headlock is just simply a ridiculous manoeuvre, let alone dragging him by the neck.

I hope that chap never works with people again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Grimsby Town took their own stewards to the game on the supporters coaches but were told on arrival they couldn't supervise the away end.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Forest Green, I thought that was a fence paint not a football club.

Typical night club bouncer type of steward , easy target a dad with a beach ball.
I hope this meathead gets sacked.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Says a lot about the game he was expecting to watch when he'd planned to take an inflatable ball to inject a bit of fun into proceedings.

Either way, appears to be a huge over-reaction on the part of the steward which I would imagine will stop him working there again. It's very disheartening when you see stuff like this as you just know it'll add more fuel to the 'stewards are *****' fire, when the vast majority of them genuinely seem to be decent people doing a good job.

TLDR; Inflatable ball, really? Steward is a nob.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stewards at Forest Green Rovers ejected a Grimsby Town fan from The New Lawn before Saturday's game.

Images show supporter Bryan Winship held in a headlock by a steward.

The Gloucestershire club said in a statement the photos "do not make good viewing for a club that prides itself on being family friendly and welcoming to away fans."

The club said it was investigating the removal of a fan from the away end and added it was "awaiting the post-match report from the stewarding company before we comment further on the incident".

'Going purple'
Mr Winship, 41, from Ulceby, was later interviewed by the Grimsby Telegraph and told the newspaper he "couldn't breathe" as he was ejected.

He said he had taken an inflatable football to the match to inject a "bit of fun" into the game.

But when he began blowing it up, he was told by a steward the item would be taken off him, he said.

When he refused to hand it over, he said he was grabbed by another steward who put him in a headlock and ejected him from the stands.

Mr Winship had been at the game with his 15-year-old daughter Janelle, who tweeted: "Seeing my dad being held at the throat going purple not being able to breathe and getting dragged out the ground was pretty scary ngl #gtfc."

_80881939_caters_grimsby_headlock_01.jpg

Over reacting, stupid stewards or the death of football coming ???

Personally I'm far more distressed by the oddly-headbanded baldy on the left of the photo who appears to be inappropriately fondling the black labrador in his arms :ohmy:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Personally I'm far more distressed by the oddly-headbanded baldy on the left of the photo who appears to be inappropriately fondling the black labrador in his arms :ohmy:

It isn't an animal , its a black backpack :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
This is what happens when a club doesn't employ matchday stewards who are specifically trained to control crowds at a football ground but uses an agency to supply personnel who have previous experience in door supervision and security.

Absolutely. Brighton do the same and under Chris Baker they failed to (couldn't be bothered to) control their behaviour. It's a real problem using stewards more used to working doors at night clubs.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Says a lot about the game he was expecting to watch when he'd planned to take an inflatable ball to inject a bit of fun into proceedings.

Either way, appears to be a huge over-reaction on the part of the steward which I would imagine will stop him working there again. It's very disheartening when you see stuff like this as you just know it'll add more fuel to the 'stewards are *****' fire, when the vast majority of them genuinely seem to be decent people doing a good job.

TLDR; Inflatable ball, really? Steward is a nob.

More likely that the stewarding company will say that there have never been any problems with him before, assume it's the supporters fault and the cycle will be allowed to continue.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Grimsby Town fan has been allowed to take his "inflatable" to several away games this season without any stewards telling him to deflate it or attempt to confiscate it because it might be used as a weapon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here