Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Grimsby fans in the home stands - what would you do?

If Grimsby fans find their way into the home stands, how will you react?

• Alert a steward straight away, it’s out of order!

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Pat them on the back and make them feel welcome.

Votes: 110 38.1%
  • Pop their Haddocks!

Votes: 52 18.0%
  • Ignore them, who cares?

Votes: 110 38.1%
  • Buy them a commiseration/celebration pint at the end of the game.

Votes: 22 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course there weren't any were there ? :dunce:

Hands up who knows a Glory hunting Grimsby fan who lives in Brighton and has never been to Blundell Park.

Now hands up who knows a Glory hunting Liverpool, Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea fan who has never been to Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury/Emirates .... etc etc

I rest my case :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course there weren't any were there ? :dunce:

Hands up who knows a Glory hunting Grimsby fan who lives in Brighton and has never been to Blundell Park.

Now hands up who knows a Glory hunting Liverpool, Man Utd, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea fan who has never been to Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury/Emirates .... etc etc

I rest my case :wink:
Few blow up fish in 1901 below us with half and half scarfs but seemed to be so the Albion fans…

Anyway, WE WERE AWESOME TODAY AND A GREAT ATMOSPHERE BY THE HOME FANS 👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had one with me today who did ok until the Sanchez incident and blew his cover. All good though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Few blow up fish in 1901 below us with half and half scarfs but seemed to be so the Albion fans…

Anyway, WE WERE AWESOME TODAY AND A GREAT ATMOSPHERE BY THE HOME FANS 👍

Family/relatives of mine who never go to football and who haven’t got Sky/BT, so a rare chance to see Albion at home on TV, thought it was fantastic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Family/relatives of mine who never go to football and who haven’t got Sky/BT, so a rare chance to see Albion at home on TV, thought it was fantastic.
We surprised even me - brilliant again - was a special day 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m still buzzing from Weds evening. Often a worrier at games, once we scored, for some reason I felt really confident and loved the buzz in the NS. I’m mentally going to dine out on that for 6 months.
So weird you say that… I’m exactly the same. But I was saying at 1-0 we’re totally gonna win this 4 or 5 and was never worried at all. Only time of brief panic was Sanchez’s risky catch. Brilliant day!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So weird you say that… I’m exactly the same. But I was saying at 1-0 we’re totally gonna win this 4 or 5 and was never worried at all. Only time of brief panic was Sanchez’s risky catch. Brilliant day!

For some reason, probably their shitness, I felt this against CP once we scored.

It’s not just me ….. bbs and Holmesdale posters are scathing on their 80 minutes after March destroyed them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m still buzzing from Weds evening. Often a worrier at games, once we scored, for some reason I felt really confident and loved the buzz in the NS. I’m mentally going to dine out on that for 6 months.
I know a lot of people not normally in the NS got their tickets in there today. I took my Mum for Mother's Day so went East Stand Upper for the first time, and the North looked and sounded particularly buzzing.

I was wondering whether because all the tickets were the same price, many of those in the NS because it is a cheaper ticket went elsewhere, and everyone who fancied making a racket for the day, decided to get in there for this one? It definitely seemed better than a normal big PL game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I know a lot of people not normally in the NS got their tickets in there today. I took my Mum for Mother's Day so went East Stand Upper for the first time, and the North looked and sounded particularly buzzing.

I was wondering whether because all the tickets were the same price, many of those in the NS because it is a cheaper ticket went elsewhere, and everyone who fancied making a racket for the day, decided to get in there for this one? It definitely seemed better than a normal big PL game.
Nope. Just as quiet as all the others. It takes a big away stand to make some noise to get the North moving. But as mentioned before, when we take 3K away we all make a lot of noise but at home those 3K are split up (me included) into little pockets around the ground.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
In my part of the world the nearest Burger King is almost 2 hours away by car,so it's considered a delicacy and formed part of the reasoning behind staying at Hickstead 🤣
I prefer Hungry Jacks to Burger King any day of the week

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It was good, folk able to relax as we knew they wouldn't score.

Some EPL games this season have imho been more noisy, raucous and passionate in the NS eg Leicester, second half Liverpool, West Ham, Palace on Wednesday night was special. The vitriol of a derby added to the mass singing and volume. @sheebo .... your thoughts?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was good, folk able to relax as we knew they wouldn't score.

Some EPL games this season have imho been more noisy, raucous and passionate in the NS eg Leicester, second half Liverpool, West Ham, Palace on Wednesday night was special. The vitriol of a derby added to the mass singing and volume. @sheebo .... your thoughts?
Decent again yesterday for me. Way, way louder than i thought. Just assumed Grimsby would totally outsing us and they really didn’t. Refreshingly surprised…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here