Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimest town/city you've ever visited.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Hull.

Though, the walk from Goodison Park to Liverpool Lime St last season was by far the most eary walk I've ever experienced. Never again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coventry when we played at the Ricoh. Parked the car in a field just of the motorway. Walked to nearest pub, closed due to someone being attacked the previous night. Next pub was shit, and bizarrely had a vibrator vending machine in the gents. Walked to ground and another area had police tape sealing it off. All the roads had rubble and bricks strewn over them and the area had a really bleak feel to it. Noticed some dumped shoplifted clothes (we presumed) and then nearly got run over by two chavs rocketing past us helmet less on mini-bikes. Nice.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I used to have a client who had offices in Pontefract in West Yorkshire. He like a Friday morning meeting which meant going up the night before.

*Shudder* - just thinking about it.

he left and moved to...............Dewsbury. I was not anything could have been grimer than Pontefract - but Dewsbury?

Oh my good Good.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Grimsby/Cleethorpes
Rotherham

It's a tough choice, at least when I went to Rotherham we stayed up but I would say it's a slightly grimmer place than Grimsby, there were no redeeming features whatsoever.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The grimmest place I've ever had the misfortune to set foot in this country is Reading.

A soulless pit of depravity where you're lucky if you manage to leave without having been raped, mugged and/or stabbed.

I f***ing hate Reading

:lolol:
What a load of shit.
You obviously don't get out much if Reading is the worst place you've ever been.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Los Angeles is pretty grim too

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Coventry when we played at the Ricoh. Parked the car in a field just of the motorway. Walked to nearest pub, closed due to someone being attacked the previous night. Next pub was shit, and bizarrely had a vibrator vending machine in the gents. Walked to ground and another area had police tape sealing it off. All the roads had rubble and bricks strewn over them and the area had a really bleak feel to it. Noticed some dumped shoplifted clothes (we presumed) and then nearly got run over by two chavs rocketing past us helmet less on mini-bikes. Nice.

Are you sure they hadn't swiched the signs on the doors over? And how much were they, did they come with batteries included? If so wouldn't they degrade in a toilet atmos?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Always thought Newhaven was a shit hole but nothing I've seen, bar maybe Ponders End (North London) beats Luton.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How could I forget Hastings, I drove through there a couple of months ago and thought I'd gone back in time. It's like they got to the late 80s and thought "actually lets not bother changing anything and just leave it how it is".

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Ramsgate.

f*** all to do, its just boring and bleak. Everyone has a problem with each other it seems. Shame because the village centre is actually quite pretty but its a shit'ole anyway because its full of pricks.

I'd hate to have been brough up there (Sorry Thanet Seagull if this is your hometown rather than your current residence!) becasue there is absolutely f*** all to do! Horrible place.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I forgot. Walsall (Fellows Park area) is worse than Luton.

Fellows Park is called 'Morrisons' these days, I used to get my petrol from there. The centre spot is marked with a plaque in the floor in the store.

Wolverhampton

:clap2:

It has vastly improved in the last 10 years, but Parkfields and Whitmore Reans are areas I wouldn't wish anyone to live in (and I lived in the 'reans for 2 years when I was a student).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here