Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gregory would be a good choice, and if he was there.....

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
He must be blooms front runner. He doesn't have qa good record in mamagement, but has always managed at big clubs, I think he will do well in the lower leagues, less pressure.

What about his assisstant?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
He would be awful!

Hopefully he was only there because of his Wycombe connections

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
You are right Gregory has managed big clubs, however without much success and there has been little competition for his services since his last sacking.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i would give him a chance. no shit manager that we could do with, doesnt suffer fools if theyre not pulling their weight their out. he was a class full back who knows a thing or two about defending, what a terrible thing that would be! would love taylor along with him, but thats the stuff of dreams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a reason why the likes of John Gregory do not have a job in management and apply for virtually every job that becomes vacant...............................................They are rubbish and nobody wants them. We should follow suit.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There is a reason why the likes of John Gregory do not have a job in management and apply for virtually every job that becomes vacant...............................................They are rubbish and nobody wants them. We should follow suit.

What a load of rubbish, he did well at Wycombe, took Villa to a cup final and never finished outside the top ten with them. He was ok at Derby and saved QPR from relegation.

Also he's an ex Albion man isn't he - why all the hatred for him here?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a load of rubbish, he did well at Wycombe, took Villa to a cup final and never finished outside the top ten with them. He was ok at Derby and saved QPR from relegation.

For me it's about his odious personality and the way he totally disrespected us over Gareth Barry when he was at Villa. Mercenary wanker.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

cont understand it myself, of whats left i hope its him, the man has balls of steel and will not put up with the shit that got poor old russ the sack!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

He has never had a good word to say about us at any time since he left us as a player in fact he has always spoken bad of us as a club and the supporters.

Since his last mangement job there must have been at least 50 managerial changes and all of those chairman have said he is not the man for them why should we be any different. He is one of the last that I would want, but I would still back him as indeed I would any new manager.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
He has never had a good word to say about us at any time since he left us as a player in fact he has always spoken bad of us as a club and the supporters.

Since his last mangement job there must have been at least 50 managerial changes and all of those chairman have said he is not the man for them why should we be any different. He is one of the last that I would want, but I would still back him as indeed I would any new manager.

Again BG,another top post.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes

that was then and now is now. i can understand others not wanting him because he wants to do it his way not the chairmans or boards. we all want a no nonsense no bollocks manager, (not cuddles or f***ing hugs) lets give him a crack, or would yourather another pathetic we are getting there man. we dont need flair in this league we need results ugly or otherwise, i would back him to get results if the cuddly needly players acted their age!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think with the right coaching set up Gregory could be an excellent manager. He would attract better players, would have the right contacts in the game, but needs good quality coaching support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here