Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greers injury time miss !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
After the game I was trying to think of another Brighton player in the Amex era who would have missed that. The only one I could come up with was maybe Barnes.

Barnes would have headed against the post.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Shocking miss but....

At least he was there attacking the ball at the far post. Always irritates me when players get slated for things like this. If he'd made a little bit less effort and been a half a yard from connecting with the ball, everyone would be saying how unlucky he was. Or he could have just been watching and got away scot free. Did the right thing, it didn't come off. But at least he did the right thing.

That said, please bloody score next time!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From behind the goal it looked like Elvis got a touch on it which made it a harder chance. Besides at least Greer was there when surely a goal poacher should have been (25) but wasn't

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
After the game I was trying to think of another Brighton player in the Amex era who would have missed that. The only one I could come up with was maybe Barnes.

One of the most ridiculous posts on here for a while. Barnes was the most clinical finisher at the club!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well I think Gordon just made it on to Ronnie Rosenthal's christmas card list.

There will be noone more gutted than Gordon at the miss, he looked distraught afterwards. It was a freak miss and I'm not going to have ago at him for it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There will be noone more gutted than Gordon at the miss, he looked distraught afterwards. It was a freak miss and I'm not going to have ago at him for it.

This.

I thought it was being flagged for offside at the time but then realised it was just a flag for a goal kick. I think your perception would depend on if you saw the lino's flag and at what point during its waving. Everyone round me missed it totally due to having their heads in their hands!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Agreed although unfortunately, it came straight after the Bolton game when he missed a relatively easy header into an open goal that would've put us us 3 - 0 up!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Absolutely no way. Try CMS, Obika or Paynter and you'd be getting close.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I think we're missing the point here. Not GG's fault he missed, rather Elvis for not sticking it away as any decent striker should and would have done. Don't blame the defender when a forward can't bury it when it's on a plate for him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here