Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If you say so. One of the advantages? of sitting behind the goal is that you see the defence at work for 45 minutes. Kuszczak shouting at Greer, & vice versa, likewise with Upson & Greer. Upson has covered for Greer quite a few times.

But when Greer was out we looked all over the place and that was with Upson in the team. Of-course Upson improves the side but Greer does a good job for the team. The fact Oscar kept him as captain and rewarded him with a new contract when Leeds came knocking must say something

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But how can we possibly have one of the top defences if Greer, Bruno and Ward are all not up to it (according to NSC anyway)? That means Kuszczak and Upson are doing ALL the work. I know they are two good players but that is just a completely illogical position to hold. Are you seriously saying our defence would be as good and we would be where we are in the league if we simply played Upson and no one else at the back!?

When Greer went off injured against Leicester, El-Abd came on. We won that game, & the next one but when Greer came back we lost at Charton. My point is that we don't need him as much as people think we do. He has been great in the past but he hasn't been great over the last few weeks. Maybe he's not fully over his injury?

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
I can't believe the stick that GG is getting. Whilst he has struggled a bit recently after injury, he remains an integral part of the defence and his partnership with Upson is amongst the best in the division. Greer's attributes include good positional sense and an excellent ability to read the game. He is decent in the air and a good tackler. I think he leads by example on the pitch.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I can't believe the stick that GG is getting. Whilst he has struggled a bit recently after injury, he remains an integral part of the defence and his partnership with Upson is amongst the best in the division. Greer's attributes include good positional sense and an excellent ability to read the game. He is decent in the air and a good tackler. I think he leads by example on the pitch.

Greer good in the air, when was this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here