Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green with envy Stoke

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Ive seen plenty of comments from supporters and their envy of the new stadium being built. Looks brilliant and will be a fantastic place for the Seagulls to call home after everything that has happened.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Nice comments but surprised at how many are dissapointed with their own stadium.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nice comments but surprised at how many are dissapointed with their own stadium.

Have you ever been to Stokes ground? Truly bloody awful. Worst newish ground ever built in my humble opinion. And stuck on the coldest hill in the Potteries.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There stadium only cost 15m, puts in into perspective, we should be getting something special for 105m or whatever it is now :shock:

Thanks for posting the comments, does Arismendi still play for you lot?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
There stadium only cost 15m, puts in into perspective, we should be getting something special for 105m or whatever it is now :shock:

Thanks for posting the comments, does Arismendi still play for you lot?

15m? Thats its? Though I guess they have to sell less pottery to pay for it then

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I like Stokes ground. :shrug:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Britannia has a bit more character than a lot of modern stadiums... its just that the way it was built allows positively Arctic winds straight into the away end (I suspect this was deliberate).

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've never been to Stoke's 'new' ground but visited the old one a couple of times to watch the Seagulls (I think the last one we drew 2-2 and Wendy scored one of the goals or was it Nelson??). Anyway always been impressed with their fans - fantastic atmosphere and noise from the home support - if we can get something near that at The Amex it will be amazing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Despite poor results up there, I enjoyed our visits to The Britannia and the way the Stokies all join in with a very loud 'ha ha ha ha' from Delilah when they score is very, very impressive indeed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stoke fans are very vocal. A lot of them seem to like us, maybe because they normally beat us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought the Britannia stadium was alright, I hoped one day we'd have a stadium as good as theirs...........:amex:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to the Britannia once for an evening game, think it was the year we got relegated from the Championship.

We parked near a pub, and started walking towards the stadium which we could see lit up in the distance. One of our group decides he's spotted a shortcut across a field. It was pitch black, and it turned out to be VERY muddy. We struggled on though till we got to the other side of the field, caked in mud, only to be confronted with a large wire fence, far too tall to climb over. We ended up walking twice the distance just to follow the bloody fence round and back into civilisation (or whatever passes for civilisation in Stoke anyway). Just about made kickoff, freezing bloody cold, mud all over my trainers and trousers, and we got beat. Like Yeovil, one of those trips I sincerely wished I hadn't bothered with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here