Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green Party attempt to ban cars in Central Brighton

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
this will kill shops like Argos, Currys/PC World and all retailers where bulk items need to be collected and cant be carried on public transport. Cant see too many people paying to travel to the town centre to buy something and then having to pay delivery charges to have it delivered back home.

Well, that’s not a problem. Just replace them with shops selling protein shakes and vegan coffee.
Really, some people just see issues where none exist.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
So you're railing against a policy that doesn't affect you made by people you couldn't elect as a result of envy. At least we know where we all stand.

I wouldn’t want to live in Brighton now. Not the town I grew up in. so much filth and scum there now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this will kill shops like Argos, Currys/PC World and all retailers where bulk items need to be collected and cant be carried on public transport. Cant see too many people paying to travel to the town centre to buy something and then having to pay delivery charges to have it delivered back home.

the poster child Ghent allows deliveries up to 11am, so residents would have pay for am delivery and shops arrange likewise or evening. we already go to out of town retail parks for a TV or sofas anyway.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

You can get something pretty big on a bus, probably bigger than you can in most cars. They all have good sized luggage areas

Another bollocks argument

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I know where you’re coming from. We are looking to move outside the immediate area after living in Brighton and
Hove for 60 years. A sad decline in just about everything.

It has been going downhill since the late 90s. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve got the Amex. And erm other improvements. Such as erm. Let me think about that one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You can get something pretty big on a bus, probably bigger than you can in most cars. They all have good sized luggage areas

Another bollocks argument

It boils down to the same old mob not wanting to be inconvenienced. The vast majority of bulky items will be ordered online and increasingly so as the old crocs die out and a more socially aware generation start making policy.

Town centres are destined to become pedestrianised hubs of coffee shops, beauty shops , restaurants and bars.
And you’ll have to walk. It’s happening.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why (apart from you being a contrarian) would you assume that?

If your Green you have to lead from the front, I know many who perceive to be green, when in fact it is all talk no action.

Cuts no ice with me, as most are like that.

I assume you are on your game Clampy???

I bet Lucas only wears her knickers for only one day.

I know the type.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
If your Green you have to lead from the front, I know many who perceive to be green, when in fact it is all talk no action.

Cuts no ice with me, as most are like that.

I assume you are on your game Clampy???

I bet Lucas only wears her knickers for only one day.

I know the type.

With her regular New York in First class flights.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It boils down to the same old mob not wanting to be inconvenienced. The vast majority of bulky items will be ordered online and increasingly so as the old crocs die out and a more socially aware generation start making policy.

Town centres are destined to become pedestrianised hubs of coffee shops, beauty shops , restaurants and bars.
And you’ll have to walk. It’s happening.

You must be off for your winter sun break soon?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For social media/dinner party virtue signalling reasons or self-delusion that they are 'saving the planet'?

Central Faversham was pedestrianised more than 30 years ago. We now have street markets, including a French market once a week. Albeit, Brexit may put an end to that. :shrug:

Your opinion appears to be firmly in the minority on this thread, particularly the sneery old bollocks that had me put you on ignore once. Anyway, don't let me distract you from burning old rubber tyres or whatever other neighbourly activity you're up to this evening, O genius. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here