Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Greedy?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Five wins from six to start the season is clearly an exceptional start, but the West Ham defeat still gnaws away at me.

I still feel we coulda shoulda won that.

Is that being greedy?
We were well on top for that first 10/15 of second half then they broke and scored. Such fine margins. Prob played better in that game then we did today tbh in my opinion.

And yes, a little greedy as you don’t always get what you deserve. I thought today we got a bit lucky with the goals etc and weren’t that good 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We made the fatal mistake, again, of not starting with a true RB.

Lesson learnt, God’s back.

View attachment 166918
Just always decent isn’t he…! Won’t win many MOM etc but most of us realise what a key player he is. On that note, Lamps has looked quality recently. More than happy for these two to rotate that position.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, if we had beat West Ham, we'd be three points better off (obviously) and our goal difference would have to move by at least +3 (from -2 for that game to at least +1). That would put us top, ahead of City on goals scored.

Am I greedy? You betcha.
Me too - but I'll feel much less aggrieved if we can beat that snidey Villa team that so often seem to skank a lucky win against us (or against our yoof team in the League Cup and crow about it like they'd won the CL!)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
4-1 win at Wolves was an xG draw... today we could easily have not got over the line and drawn too (clearly shaded it but rounded xG was a draw...). Very greedy to want 6/6.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
One of my neighbours is a West Ham fan.
I WhatsApped a picture of the League table to him after today's game.
His response was, "I'm happy being 7th, especially as we have played the top 3".
And it brought home to me that includes our wonderful team!
Top 3, fantastic!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
4-1 win at Wolves was an xG draw... today we could easily have not got over the line and drawn too (clearly shaded it but rounded xG was a draw...). Very greedy to want 6/6.
That’s how I saw those games too a bit. Wolves had 2 great chances at 1-0. The Newcastle game and 70 mins at OT were pure vintage us. The rest a bit patchy (that’s fine as that’s football, but can’t wish 6/6 given that tbh…)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not greedy, it’s just what required when up against nation states thinly disguised playing club football

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
Five wins from six to start the season is clearly an exceptional start, but the West Ham defeat still gnaws away at me.

Is that being greedy?
No! I said to some friends in my local boozer that I thought we could get 21 points from our first 8 games and that the Liverpool game would be the end of the run. I wasn’t expecting to lose against West Ham but it could still happen as I think Liverpool are beatable. 18 out of a possible 24 would still be acceptable though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just always decent isn’t he…! Won’t win many MOM etc but most of us realise what a key player he is. On that note, Lamps has looked quality recently. More than happy for these two to rotate that position.

Your decent = my brilliant. We sit under the security/police box in the NS, for 45 minutes each Veltman game we get the perfect view of a full back who's brilliant at defending and team play.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If arsenal had taken their chances 1st half they'd have beaten spurs

Etc

It's football - most teams could point to games they should've won. If we hadn't got a jammy equaliser yesterday who knows whether we'd have kicked on to win yesterday

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think I'd be devastated if it wasn't for the Wolves game and the first half Saturday. Had both results reflected the performances then I'd be gutted about West Ham but the reality is the Wolves game could have been any score to either team and a better team would have been out of sight on Saturday. So I think we are probably par or slightly better, just.
As others have said, next three games are the real test. One of our bogey teams and then teams that 'should' be better than us.
If we can get 4 points or more from those 3 I think, despite being 9 games in, we can start believing a CL spot is very realistic. But 0 really wouldn't be the end of the world.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Every defeat gnaws away at me and yes, as I think we’re a better team than them, that defeat does still rankle. But overall to be third after 6 games with 5 wins and a big plus goal difference is amazing.

Interesting few weeks coming up now though. Sky Sports just put a top seven PL table graphic up - of the current top seven, the only team we’ve played is West Ham which we obviously lost. Our next three league games are all against teams in that top seven though in Villa, City and Liverpool. By the evening of the 21st October, we’re going to have a much better idea of just how good we are in relation to the rest of the PL now and whether that West Ham game was an anomaly or generally how we’re going to fare against the better teams.

I know RDZ won’t think like this but I’d be happy with four points from these upcoming three games.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

Is that being greedy?
So, what you're essentially doing is firing the starting pistol on the 'let's get rid of De Zerbi' campaign, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here