Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest Living Sussex Man

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
While reading that Sir Geoffrey Boycott is querying Cameron's choice of William Hague as the greatest living Yorkshireman it got me thinking about living Sussex born legends.

No prizes for guessing who he thought it should be.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
....and I always thought Judy Geeson wasn't a man, though sadly I never got a chance to verify that for myself!

Shame, you could have doubled up with her sister Sally (Sid James' daughter in Bless This House)! Phoarrr!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Serious questions regarding the use of the word 'famous' here - never heard of loads of them!

I'd heard of all but 13 - but some of them are on the obscure side. I never knew Elizabeth David or Adrian Noble were Sussex-born. The bigger problem is that a large proportion of them are rather dead

They're missing several living ones: Lesley Manville, David Blanchflower, Harry Enfield to name but three

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Probably Richard Tiltman but it's difficult to prove because he did not get many games as a professional.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
What's Jamie Theakston doing this days?

A few lines!( and training every now and again for his once a year goalkeeping appearance in the Sport Aid footie match.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here