Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Greatest female vocalists?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Roberta Flack and Gladys Knight. Early Tina Turner with Ike, the album Come Together in particular .

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Top thread [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION].

It seems to me you can break this down into sub categories.

Technically. Franklin is the greatest.

In terms of overall artisteness, you can't look beyond turmoil and damage. Winehouse and Joplin being the front runners.

You then have the quirky performers. Bush and Guðmundsdóttir being the obvious choices.

I can't bear singers that lose their edge. I hope that Bird doesn't go melodic. She's got great potential.

Lennox and Dion? Fukk me. Bland beyond belief. Nice can fukk right off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

In terms of overall artisteness, you can't look beyond turmoil and damage. Winehouse and Joplin being the front runners.

You then have the quirky performers. Bush and Guðmundsdóttir being the obvious choices.

I can't bear singers that lose their edge. I hope that Bird doesn't go melodic. She's got great potential.

Aretha is a bloody good call. Think you’re right about Bush too, she’s an amazing unique talent and artist and I love her but in vocal Ability terms, whilst unmistakable, is she one of the greats? I’m not so sure

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Roberta Flack and Gladys Knight. Early Tina Turner with Ike, the album Come Together in particular .

I was thinking of Roberta Flack when I created the thread. Good shout!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpeg

Anyone else? :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Having checked out a few pages there are some magnificent singers mentioned here, but if we are talking favourites, I'm surprised to see she has had a few mentions already, for me - Chrissie Hynde

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sadly, the black rectangles have returned to spoil this track - I'd love to be able to see what people have recommended on here when they haven't added any explanatory text..

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Surprised I missed Harvey earlier. The all important ability to belt it out and not go commercial. Class act. How a vocalist should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here