Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great win but was the cost too high?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Caicedo and Mac are both a bit “big girl‘s blouses” when tackled imo. We’ll know on Saturday what’s what I guess

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't realise how much a sprained ankle could hurt or impede your ability to walk until I did it just before Xmas. I thought a sprain was a 'twisted ankle thing' that lasts for a few days. I couldn't get a shoe on for 4 weeks & for the 1st couple of days I used my office chair as a way to get from lounge to kitchen. 🙁
Did you RICE

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I didn't realise how much a sprained ankle could hurt or impede your ability to walk until I did it just before Xmas. I thought a sprain was a 'twisted ankle thing' that lasts for a few days. I couldn't get a shoe on for 4 weeks & for the 1st couple of days I used my office chair as a way to get from lounge to kitchen. 🙁
Man up you tart 😂

• Haha
Reactions: cjd

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sub comes on.
Sub scores a goal.
Things could be worse. ;)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The way we played tonight a freshen up isn't something I'm as scared about, as I should be.

Earlier in the game I was having an existential debate with Jnr about 'change v ain't broke don't fix'.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Enciso, Ayari, Gilmour, Bonnnanotte to step up if injuries in midfield. Maybe not as seasoned as Mac and Caceido, but not a bad back up.

Remember Biss being injured and stress about who could replace him!

Rest easy, this club has it covered!

And Ayari, sleeping well tonight!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Was the cost too high? Not at all, as we have far harder matches than this to come (at least on paper). Lose this one after dropping points against Brentford and our aspirations for Europe would have taken a massive knock - more of a knock ( touch wood) than they did.
No, this match NEEDED to be won, and 'if' we can take 3 points on Saturday....well....who knows. :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Realistically both were going to miss the odd game at some point, I’d be worried if either were long term but certainly nothing in Mac looks that way

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have to say it’s taken the gloss off tonight a little for me as I know how important they both are and Sarmiento is out too as is Lallana. Hopefully they’ll both be ok. Some dirty challenges going in - the one on Solly at the end a clear example. Remember Arsenal at home without these 2 where we looked not up to our usual standards. Fingers crossed though.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The squad is starting to be tested for sure with injuries mounting up.

However we have just secured another three points that’s all that matters. Patch them up and go again Saturday then we have a week off before Chelsea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Woolen socks protect the ankles. Just a suggestion ???

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Did you RICE
No, because I had to make dinner & do parenty things. Ice was in the form of peas which is joined into the dinner. My socks compressed it & I put it on a pillow when I went to bed. Rinse and repeat for 5 days before I could weight bare. Obviously not re-using the peas for dinner though! :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The physios will earn their money this week but will get them ready if required. He can move players around to reduce their minutes at the weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here