Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Great TV on Sunday

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
They appear to have dropped Norman Potting from Grace. Too non-pc?

Enjoying it so far though :thumbsup:

Potting is definitely going to be in another episode, it’s mentioned in the other thread with a photo of the actor that plays him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Not that impressed at the end with the boat scene.
He was in Newhaven and arrested the woman and handed her over to uniformed police, he is then driving along the A259 on the phone telling Glenn Branson about the arrest at Shoreham Harbour......he then says he’s off to Newhaven :facepalm: :annoyed:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bit underwhelmed with that.

I'll be honest, about an hour in I didn't know what the f*ck was going on (and I've read the book). But then I have been drinking solidly since 11.45 this morning, and have suffered a significant emotional trauma between 12 and 2.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm not a fan of detective dramas do I don't have much to gauge grace against.
(I used to like inspector Morse back in the day but that's about it)
But I must say I quite enjoyed it and will watch it again next week.
It's quite nice to see something set in the local area and I thought the acting was pretty good.
As others have said there was a few disorientating moments with the locations but still not too bad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Profoundly unoriginal in a genre that has scrapped this barrel to within a micron of filming every possible plot with every possible character but that’s what people want; more of the same please.

However, I did like the locations and the acting was fine. Would I watch again? No, especially if this is going up against Line Of Duty series 6, not a chance.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Potting is definitely going to be in another episode, it’s mentioned in the other thread with a photo of the actor that plays him.

Thinking back, and It's a long time since I read it, I'm not actually sure he is in the first book.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Not that impressed at the end with the boat scene.
He was in Newhaven and arrested the woman and handed her over to uniformed police, he is then driving along the A259 on the phone telling Glenn Branson about the arrest at Shoreham Harbour......he then says he’s off to Newhaven :facepalm: :annoyed:

The arrest was meant to be in Shoeeham but filmed in Newhaven.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thought Simm was very good as Grace but for me it felt a little rushed to get the whole story done in the one show. It lacked the tension of the book I thought. Nice to see a show set in Brighton though. Will be watching the finale of Bloodlands tonight, that has been a belter of a show.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I used to like the books, but they became the procedural crime drama with heavy emphasis on the procedural...."this is the 10th Operational Briefing on Operation Bellend" announced Grace"

I'll watch last nights effort on catchup

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thinking back, and It's a long time since I read it, I'm not actually sure he is in the first book.

I really can’t remember as I read the book when it came out, I’ve just checked the book release date and it was 2005.

The good thing about watching last night, I couldn’t actually remember much about the storyline from the book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here