Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great report from Naylor

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are Middlesbrough receiving parachute payments still? Don't think so, yet they seem to be able to attract decent players that can play at this level, and you could argue that their revenue streams (crowds in particular) are nowhere near ours.

#standstobecrorrectedonparachutepaymentsbit

They received their last parachute payment in season 2011-12.

el punal

FFP is going to be the reason for everything but as others have said plenty of other rivals dont have parachute payments yet do still challenge for promotion and the only way to get these para payments is to get up in the 1st place something that we aint going to do at present.....lacking ambition!!!

Burnley seemed to do something right last season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Largely the fault of the Board and Burke.

The squad quality has dipped massively in a very short space of time, particularly in the creative, wide and striking positions. I fully understand the need to comply with FFP, but somehow Derby, Bournemouth and Mboro to name just three have managed to keep the goals flowing, wins coming and carry threats in attack. Match-winners are priceless at any level of football, and we have very few to none.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
A lot of excuses. Half the teams on parachute payments [not all of them] but Btn now getting the best crowds and have been for a few years when before they were getting an average of £6k. Presumably if you buy players for say £2m and sell them on for £8m and you are getting money through the gate with the biggest crowds and the highest prices, you've got to be looking at a minimum of mid table. Rotherham, Bournemouth and Brentford have to be looked at as smaller clubs with less resources and Brighton have to at least be on par with half a dozen other clubs. Well let's see what happens in the next 2 games. prior to the Middlesbrough game I was in the SH to stay camp. Now on the fence.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A character like Hypia should be able to SCARE the team into a performance. Whatever Naylor thinks it was a total shambles on Saturday.

No more arsing about now.

Hyppia doesn't engage with the fans and doesn't interract with the team from the technical area. How the hell is he going to scare the team into a performance - by chewing his nails extra hard?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Is it a fact that our coaching staff are not up to the job! As we know the back room staff is not made up of Sami's preferred choices, I don't want to bring Sammy Lee's name into the equation as that thread has already been done. But looking at Southampton's season so far it cannot all be down to Koeman and Koeman, some of the credit must go down to the additional coaching staff too and that must include Mr Lee.

Where would we be if we had Sammy Lee on board and not Nathan Jones? :shrug:

I have heard from a few people that have worked with Sammy Lee that he is little more than a chirpy motivator. I would say our problem is that our manager is tactically clueless, Sammy Lee would not solve that problem.

It is also worth pointing out that Sammy Lee is Southampton's First Team Assistant Coach, sounds grand doesn't it. Fact is, he is fourth in command, I really wouldn't overplay what Sammy Lee has done vs the three dutch fellas above him in the Southampton hierarchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here