Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Escape

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
So, who did you see, where they good, any disappointment? Who are you going to see tomorrow?

I saw, the Ruby Suns twice (after the failure that was revenge), the Dodos, and Surfer Blood, A timid start, really annoyed by the shiteness of the Revenge, and I missed out on Japandroids and the Walkmen but hoh well.

What are people seeing tomorrow?

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
walkmen didnt make it because of volcanic ash but are hopefully rearranging for saturday, if i find out where i will let you know.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How were Surfer Blood? Heard a few of their tracks and quite enjoyed them, though it's not normally 'my thing'.

If you can get to These New Puritans.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Surfer Blood are really really good- bit of the Shins. I have noo idea what to see tonight, no idea at all and my head hurts so I cant be bothered to work it out.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Everyone I saw last night were a bit dissapointing. I liked the slits (I think it was the slit I tend to lose track of who I'm seeing). Gona try see darwin deez today. And will be going to levis store early to get the secret gig wristband just incase it's someone amazing like last year

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I wanted to see the slits but ended up in the wrong venue and saw the Ruby Suns. Again. What is it with the guide, they could make the lines a bit wider so you can work out where your meant to be going when drunk.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Nope apparently that was the ruby suns I saw not the slits. They were awesome

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yeah- really good band, there first album is awesome. I saw them at Prince Albert on a cold November evening last year, and it was like a little idyll of tropicana. Only about 10 people there also.

I was dancing like a mental with my friend at the back and front if you saw anyone matching the description.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I did see a mentalist at the front. At one point an old couple just stood watching said mentalist pointing and laughing.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Following the disappointment of The Walkmen's cancellation last night (fingers crossed they reschedule tomorrow), last night I went and saw:

- The Northwestern (featuring four members of Hope Of The States, but sounded more like Vampire Weekend than anything)
- White Rabbits (Brilliant. With their two drummers, never before have I seen a band who can sound both loud and soft simultaneously)
- Avi Buffalo and Summer Camp (chose to see them both purely on the merit of a song I'd liked on 6Music - neither of them were anything like I expected them to be, but yeah, they were both alright in their own ways)

As for tonight, it's all about Delphic :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw Shoshin (think that was the name) a young Manc band, performing opposite the Theatre Royal on Sat night. Very impressed.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The best gig of the weekend for me was Japandroids at Audio. I really like john and Jen upstairs at hope on Friday and Is Tropical at Prince Albert Sunday, as well as some freak folk act at Pavilion Theatre.

I feel ruined now but I guess four days of nothing but beer and junk food will do that to you, bleugh.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ellie Goulding was by far the best I saw this year
Honourable mentions for Daisy Dares You (FIT), Little Comets , Tinie Tempah , Ou est la Swimming Pool , Broken Social Scene , Marina & The Diamonds

also saw White Rabbits ,Vux , Class Actress , Laurel Collective, Timber Timbre ,Samuel Chase and Chateau Marmont

absolutely shattered still *sleepy*

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Was meant to see the Midnight Beast on the beach friday. Arrived late, full of 14 year old girls dressed like sluts. apart from that nothing.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Surfer Blood
The Cribs
Fenech Soler
General Fiasco
Goldhawks
Everything Everything
Delphic
Doll & The Kicks
Japanese Voyeurs
Chapel Club
Kazz Kumar

Really happy with the bands I saw to be honest. Can't possibly single out one highlight but I'd say I'm most excited by Chapel Club.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Managed to get to about 25 or so bands over the weekend really enjoyed Chateau Marmont, Ed Harcourt, Leisure Society, Final Flash, Detroit Social Club and Rachelle Van Zanten amongst others. Honourable mention to Polar Bear who were describd as bezerk Jazz in the programme, they weren't wrong absolutely nuts! One or two disappointments but on the whole another great weekend of music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here