Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Great Escape 2014 *** 8-10 May

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Weather's looking good eh....

Got my wristband last night and will be kicking things off with The Big Ups at the One Inch Badge show this afternoon.

Have a good festival y'all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Slow Revolt playing the Alternative Escape at Brighton Electric, Friday night. CANNOT RECOMMEND ENOUGH. One guy, very impressive.

[yt]UfJUI327x0g[/yt]

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Right, now the football stuffs out of the way till Sunday, whats everyone's picks for today??

I saw some great stuff yesterday. Kate Miller heidke was certainly a highlight

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's guitar day today. Only Rivals @ Audio, Jaws @ Komedia, Baby Strange @ Dome Studio then either Honeyblood @ Dome Studio or Ezra Furman @ Brighthelm, then off to the Spieglpub for a couple bands before rocking the Concorde with Stonefield, Von Hertzen Bros and Lonely The Brave, and then hoping to get into the corn exchange for Darlia and Royal Blood (fat chance of that methinks)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit desperate but does ANYONE know ANYWHERE I could get a day ticket for tomorrow? All looks sold out, I'm suddenly at a loose end and there are tonnes of great electro artists I want to see (Thomas Azier, Black City Lights, TRUST (brilliant artist) and some more).

HELP!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
TGE Day One - A frustrating start with East India Youth and Badbadnotgood suffering from technical problems rescued by Deathcrush and the peerless Grumbling Fur.

Today may or may not include - Moondoid, Traumahelikopter, Ezra Furman, Esben and The Witch, Ratking, These New Puritans, Wild Beasts, Amazing Snakeheads and Fat White Family.

Klaxons and Kaiser Chiefs as the secret guests so far, it's 2006 again. Did anyone catch Klaxons last night I'd imagine it was pretty good wasn't it?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
As ever James I think we saw a lot of the night together. I liked Dracula Legs who kicked off the Hope, saw the terrible named Money for Rope who stood in for Female Smell - and was a little bored.
Deathcrush wasn't for me so after a few songs I left for Tennis (OK), Grumbling Fur (quite enjoyable) and East India Youth (for whom I'm cursed, having had to walk out last time for domestic reasons).

Tonight I'm going avant guard. I saw Moodoid this afternoon and found them the most entertaining act so far.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I enjoyed Deathcrush. Think they may be playing again today....the blonde singer is a slight distraction to the music however!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Heading back into town shortly.
Plan is to catch the following during the day- The Dumplings, Amatorski, The Pysics House Band, The Amazing Snakeheads, Slaves and Autobahn. Not sure what else in between or into the evening yet.
Glad I got a top up yesterday as both These New Puritans and Wild Beasts were excellent. Also enjoyed Team Me at Coalition. Thursday was a bit hit and miss but the bands at The Hope made up for some earlier disappointments.
Enjoy the last day those that are going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here