Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great bit about us on Football 365.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barring a disaster of unfathomable proportions they will take their place in the Premier League next season.

Whilst we are clearly in an excellent position, to make out that something massively out of the ordinary needs to occur to scupper our dreams, is nonsense, isn't it?

If we lose just our next TWO league games, both of which are quite possible, then we could be third by 5pm on 28th of this month.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His self-control is incredible and so admirable.

Impossible to calculate the importance of this "even keel" in helping players negotiate the ups and downs of a sporting season. Makes you wonder how some of the clowns get paid millions per year to be managers and then behave in such obviously unprofessional and counter-productive manner on the touchline...?
Amazing isn't it, esp when you remember the Albion aren't too far removed from such a figure.

I absolutely love Chris Hughton, it's odd that I (we) haven't made a fuss about his tech area 'antics' before.
The fact that I can kill to birds with one stone and pay homage to Chris the Sheep (Father Ted) at the same time, is just brilliant.

In the time it took the commenator v Brum, to trot out the cliche:-

'you can see what it means to the manager'.

Chris had seen the goal.
Turned 180 degrees.
Took both hands out of his pockets.
Double fist pump.
Put his hands back in his pockets.
Turned to face the game, looking like the photos.

Murray probably hadn't even got out of the 18 yard box.

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Whilst we are clearly in an excellent position, to make out that something massively out of the ordinary needs to occur to scupper our dreams, is nonsense, isn't it?

If we lose just our next TWO league games, both of which are quite possible, then we could be third by 5pm on 28th of this month.

That's more bloody like it. I seriously think I may need to stop reading how we are nailed on as it is doing me in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

That's the spirit. And no doubt exactly the way CH is approaching it too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Err - set up more goals than anyone else in our squad this season. A bit of a dip in form of recent but he's been at least 7.5/10 this season.

Wingers are always in and out of form its what they do, Skalak will bounce back i have no doubt with some key performances like all the others :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wingers are always in and out of form its what they do, Skalak will bounce back i have no doubt with some key performances like all the others :)
It's not as if the team are shipping goals and dropping points when he plays.

Gotta wonder how some people make it through the day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Skalak IS frustrating as he's not great at quite a few basics;

tackling
pace
heading
positional sense when defending

HOWEVER, he his one of the most technically gifted players at the club, and can occasionally put in a cross that practically none of our other players could pull off.

That goal vs QPR last year was genuinely World Class.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

And that is one of those statistics which will keep the squad on it's toes. The thought of being so near again and missing out is really driving them on.
You think about, towards end of last season in those quieter moments, quite a few of that team would start thinking "What if..." and start dreaming about running out Old Trafford etc then BAM! Didn't go up due to GD and injuries galore.

No, this season there's a different mentality about the team. A number of games would have been drawn or even lost, this season they were determined to not give up and turned them into Wins, they made their own luck.

I believe in this team, I believe in CH, that's why I believe they are not only going to get promoted, but they'll be going up as Champions!

I need a lie down...

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
And that is one of those statistics which will keep the squad on it's toes. The thought of being so near again and missing out is really driving them on.
You think about, towards end of last season in those quieter moments, quite a few of that team would start thinking "What if..." and start dreaming about running out Old Trafford etc then BAM! Didn't go up due to GD and injuries galore.

No, this season there's a different mentality about the team. A number of games would have been drawn or even lost, this season they were determined to not give up and turned them into Wins, they made their own luck.

I believe in this team, I believe in CH, that's why I believe they are not only going to get promoted, but they'll be going up as Champions!

I need a lie down...

You need to get a grip on reality as well. :) We're doomed I reckon.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Skalak IS frustrating as he's not great at quite a few basics;

tackling
pace
heading
positional sense when defending

HOWEVER, he his one of the most technically gifted players at the club, and can occasionally put in a cross that practically none of our other players could pull off.

That goal vs QPR last year was genuinely World Class.

Surely if he was "technically gifted" he would be "great at quite a few basics"?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Do not like all this stuff being written when we're facing some very tricky games and fixture congestion over the next 4-5 weeks.

Right now i'm just hoping we'll have a decent turnout at Preston to support us after everyone has been talking about cheap points for not turning up at Hudds and spunking themselves over Brentford.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm just enjoying what we have. If we get more, then great, if not, well, that's life. No point in getting all het up about it, because someone thinks we might do it.
If you don't enjoy it, what's the point?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm just enjoying what we have. If we get more, then great, if not, well, that's life. No point in getting all het up about it, because someone thinks we might do it.
If you don't enjoy it, what's the point?

I'd hate anyone to think I'm NOT enjoying it. I am, very much. Enjoying each individual goal / match / win / dropped points by rivals / etc / etc. Just refusing to even start thinking about anything 'bigger' yet.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully,Chris won't move on for a few years yet,but I think he would be excellent for England.Ireland might claim him first though.
Don't worry there is absolutely no chance of him becoming England manager as, judging by posts on here over the years, he won't be accepted by a large proportion of the England fans. And it's nothing to do with his ancestry, he won't be accepted because he isn't 'passionate' enough. In order to be England manager fists must pump, veins must bulge and eyeballs must pop. Only when the manager does that will we win the World Cup. CH is WAY to calm to be a success at international level..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here