Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Away support (and a little moan)

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Echoing most people sentiments, having been at the game yesterday I thought our away support was incredible. Many of my non-Albion supporting mates said the support looked phenomenal in the tv. It really was great to see so many fans there!

But my little moan, having been reading the post match comments on here is that people still moan about people who aren't 'real' fans going to the big away games. I really have a beef with these people who are sitting on their high horse because they went to Hereford, were a STH at Gillingham, or because they went to Swansea once on a Tuesday in the LDV Vans Trophy. Don't get me wrong, the club will eternally grateful for your support back then as well as it reminding us were we came from, but it is getting boring accusing people of not 'deserving' to go because they do go to many games. There are plenty of reasons people aren't able to support the albion as vociferously as many of have over the years, I think it is a little unfair to accuse these people of being unworthy.

Jan 30, 2008
Echoing most people sentiments, having been at the game yesterday I thought our away support was incredible. Many of my non-Albion supporting mates said the support looked phenomenal in the tv. It really was great to see so many fans there!

But my little moan, having been reading the post match comments on here is that people still moan about people who aren't 'real' fans going to the big away games. I really have a beef with these people who are sitting on their high horse because they went to Hereford, were a STH at Gillingham, or because they went to Swansea once on a Tuesday in the LDV Vans Trophy. Don't get me wrong, the club will eternally grateful for your support back then as well as it reminding us were we came from, but it is getting boring accusing people of not 'deserving' to go because they do go to many games. There are plenty of reasons people aren't able to support the albion as vociferously as many of have over the years, I think it is a little unfair to accuse these people of being unworthy.
that don't wash , must try harder fella, people have a right to have a say on this issue BUT UNLESS YOU'VE GOT YOUR STRIPES on your arm best not comment .

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Support is support of any kind. Given how much it cost for yesterday, you can hardly accuse these people of not being real fans. The support from whatever you want to class the supporters as yesterday was awesonme and most clubs would give anything for that support, false or not.
The "support" did the club proud.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
...but it doesn't happen much at all! There's far more moaning about the anti JCL crowd than there is from the anti JCL crowd themselves, if they even exist! and yes I went to Hereford and had a season ticket at Gillingham.

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
To be fair, I am exaggerating slightly. It's definitely calmed down since the beginning of the season when people were bashing JCLs. People can say what they want, I just think its a slightly regressive if we want to be the the Premier League club everyone wants. If we get promoted in the next few years there are only going to be more fans popping up out of nowhere, which in my opinion is an excellent thing, we don't want to be a club like Wigan in the Prem barely drawing crowds of 15K.

D

Deleted member 18477

a lot of season ticket holders i know didnt actually want to go yesterday. they gave them to these so called big game only fans.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
To be fair, I am exaggerating slightly. It's definitely calmed down since the beginning of the season when people were bashing JCLs. People can say what they want, I just think its a slightly regressive if we want to be the the Premier League club everyone wants. If we get promoted in the next few years there are only going to be more fans popping up out of nowhere, which in my opinion is an excellent thing, we don't want to be a club like Wigan in the Prem barely drawing crowds of 15K.

The JCL bashing is unfortunate but I think you will find that it originated when season tickets for the Amex went on sale and existing supporters got angry that new supporters were jumping the ticket queue.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But isn't that the point of the rewards system. Season ticket holders etc accumulate more points, so unless the 'big game fans' go regularly how can they get a ticket?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
But isn't that the point of the rewards system. Season ticket holders etc accumulate more points, so unless the 'big game fans' go regularly how can they get a ticket?

Yes STH's should get an advantage having shelled out their hard earned dosh in advance but there are also some wind up merchants and hypocrites on here - surely new Albion fans have to join at some point so inevitably become 'JCL's'. At what poinht does one earn stripes these days? Given we are now a 'Community' club with a 20k+ seat stadium (hopefully 30k soon) we need to encourage new blood for the future success of the Club. It seems that some STH's forget they were 'JCLs' once.

Plus there will be many punters who are long standing fans but have far too many commitments to justify an ST or spend any precious spare time perusing footie forums.

I don't care who they are as long as they turn up and remain loyal to the Albion through thick and thin. Thats what counts. How many STH's giving it large on here will stay away this week - or will actually turn up and show true support after yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here