Last edited by a moderator:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Good article, thanks for posting

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Just post the link and a quote.

You say you like it, then you rip it off, depriving the site and author of traffic.
1) I specifically DID post the link and a quote (just the part discussing Brighton)

2) I posted a link so people can read the whole thing or others on the site if they wish

3) I assume if people enjoy the analysis they might be encouraged to check out the website (certainly guaranteed more traffic than me not posting at all)

Wind your neck in

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1) I specifically DID post the link and a quote (just the part discussing Brighton)

2) I posted a link so people can read the whole thing or others on the site if they wish

3) I assume if people enjoy the analysis they might be encouraged to check out the website (certainly guaranteed more traffic than me not posting at all)

Wind your neck in
Why would I bother to go to the website when I've already read the article? Would anybody else bother?

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Why would I bother to go to the website when I've already read the article? Would anybody else bother?
If you're the sort of person who reads a well written article and thinks "I'd like to read more like that, I'll add the site to my favourites"?

Probably an equal number of people to those who wouldn't bother clicking a lone link.

What an odd perspective.

Didn't realise this would be so controversial.

Good night

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you're the sort of person who reads a well written article and thinks "I'd like to read more like that, I'll add the site to my favourites"?

Probably an equal number of people to those who wouldn't bother clicking a lone link.

What an odd perspective.

Good night
Please don’t paste the whole thing ever. I’ve edited your post in line with how it should look.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

What an odd perspective.

Good night
Like everybody on NSC who clicks on a link to a decent article on football in the Daiy Mail thinks. "Ooh! That was good - I think I'd better start seeing what else the Daily Mail has to say".

Yeh, right! Happens all the time! :facepalm:
What an odd perspective you have.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Classic example of how the first reply to a thread sets the tone for the rest and leads to a pile in (except from mod who is of course within their rights). Ignore the rest OP. I enjoyed the article and it's kept me company on the train back from the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Classic example of how the first reply to a thread sets the tone for the rest and leads to a pile in (except from mod who is of course within their rights). Ignore the rest OP. I enjoyed the article and it's kept me company on the train back from the game.
Nothing wrong with the piece but NSC can’t breach copyright. It’s one of @Bozza ’s few golden rules.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry late to this, but yes please do not post whole articles from other sites...

1. Those who spend the time and/or money creating content deserve to receive the traffic/eyeballs/ad revenue wherever they host the article themselves.
2. Posting whole articles on NSC opens the site to the risk of copyright claims, which could be sizeable and essentially bankrupt the site.

I appreciate that not everyone will be aware of this, hence the pointers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry late to this, but yes please do not post whole articles from other sites...

1. Those who spend the time and/or money creating content deserve to receive the traffic/eyeballs/ad revenue wherever they host the article themselves.
2. Posting whole articles on NSC opens the site to the risk of copyright claims, which could be sizeable and essentially bankrupt the site.

I appreciate that not everyone will be aware of this, hence the pointers.
Just back from Wembley? 😏

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I felt worse today than I did post match yesterday
Yeah, I've been the same.

I feel like I've slipped into summer "done with football for a while" mode now, which is silly as we still have so much to play for.

I'll be back on my game come Wednesday evening, I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here