Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grealish's Minutes Applause

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just watched it again.

Think people are jumping to conclusions over this guy's non-participation to be honest.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Don't bring facts to the discussion, there's a lynch mob going on :D burn him burn him.

FWIW, I clapped etc. but if other don't want to or wish to pay respects in a different manner etc. then that's entirely up to them.

As for the "snobbery" of some fans here :rolleyes: if some don't know who Tony Grealish was then they are not an Albion fan? (WTF?!). How far back do you have to go. Do we have to also remember/know of all the major players from the 80s/70s/60s/etc.? Where is the line drawn? Do we have to know who was the captain of the team on the first game in 1901?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Don't bring facts to the discussion, there's a lynch mob going on :D burn him burn him.

it was you wasn't it!! 'gazingdown', just like the bloke in the highlights.

Rumbled!

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Unfortunately I missed it, and I was gutted, I wanted to pay my respect to a true Albion legend.
Didn't see him play once for our wonderful club but he's a legend of the Albion and therefore a big deal.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Took my girlfriend saturday as my friend couldn't make it. She didn't know who Tony was but stood quietly while I applauded. After the game I showed her his legend pic with the flowers placed under it.
No you don't need to remember him to respect who he was.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Took my girlfriend saturday as my friend couldn't make it. She didn't know who Tony was but stood quietly while I applauded. After the game I showed her his legend pic with the flowers placed under it.
No you don't need to remember him to respect who he was.

My girlfriend knew who Tony was by the end of our first date. Also she knew everything about every player. Never saw her again and she was my only date.

angelos-epithemiou-set-host-nme-awards

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
BJabiAoCQAEFEd-.jpg:large

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The way I see these things is that it is a human experience knowing we are all going to go one day. Whether you personally knew the person, heard of them or were a fan is irrelevant. What is relevant is knowing we are all in this together we all have an end date and acknowleding someones end date is a worthy thing to do and it is just one minute out of someone's life to show a bit of respect that is all. I really cannot see why anyone would not give a minute of their time to do this.

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
I meant this sorry.
It clearly hasn't dawned on that fan texting that we are all in this together. Every man, woman and child, irrespective of age, colour and creed.
I took one of my sons to the Wolves game. We paid a visit to Tony Grealish's spot on the walk of fame and saw the flowers. We applauded for at least a minute. My son never saw Tony Grealish play but didn't need telling about his place in Albion history or about paying respect.
It was right and it was deserved and I feel sorry for any fan who couldn't be bothered to applaud. Why? Because they are on the outside looking in. They don't get it. Wrapped up in their own selfishness and insularity, they won't see what any fuss is about.
The rest of us do it because we bleed blue and white and anyone who wears our beloved shirt deserves some respect.
Especially the man who led our team out for the biggest game in our history ( to date )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here