Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish to Citeh today ?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think they'll be absolutely fine. Perhaps, after a bit of acclimatisation without their talisman, even better.
Buendia is a brilliant player.
Their first team is exceptional. They'll also have another 100 million to spend.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Significant weakening of what is likely to be one of our main rivals this season if it happens. I'm in :amex::)
Exactly. City are on another planet to us. Can't believe people are bothered about them strengthening.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think they'l be absolutely fine. Perhaps, after a bit of acclimatisation without their talisman, even better.
Buendia is a brilliant player.
Their first team is exceptional.
Their first team is definitely not exceptional !!! They will be lucky to finish above 13th

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
No team would turn down £100 million and sock boy reported to be getting 200k per week., he would be mad to turn it down just to stay at his boyhood club..

I guess the next £100 million player will be Zaha !!! Oh wait a minute no one wants him..

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Financial fair play rules being ignored again , 220 million on Grealish and Kane surely isn’t viable

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Financial fair play rules being ignored again , 220 million on Grealish and Kane surely isn’t viable

Saw an article on this - supposedly City are pretty safe on FFP at the moment as they've not spent that heavily in recent years. They've got a little room to play on big signings this window. No idea how reliable the source was, and can't remember where I picked it up now so can't check.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Salty. :)

I'm a football fan as well as a Brighton fan. Nowt wrong with that. Also it's quite amusing to see villa lose their golden boy.

They'll be laughing with all those millions. And they've made some decent signings

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I cant get excited over Citeh "strengthening" their team-personally I don't see adding Grealiish strengthening that squad anyway. I can not see them beating anyone they wouldn't have done just because they have sock boy.

What it may do is weaken a rival, so thats a good outcome, but with 100 million I am sure Villa can cope, and may well end up getting a couple of players that will strengthen their squad (they already have two new signings that people on here think are pretty good )

So all in all- Im pretty "Meh- so what" about the whole thing

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I guess City just need to make sure the smallest amount of available talent get signed by Chelsea/United/Liverpool and that's all they would be doing here.
Along with making sure the market rate for top players remains beyond the reach of most competitors.

theboybilly

Course it's exciting - it will be the box office transfer of the summer if/when it happens.

FWIW I reckon Villa will be completely fine. Both Buendia and Bailey are qualla.

More box office than the Kane saga? Hardly, Kane's goings-on were all that the media were banging on about yesterday. Had he not said he was going back to Spurs' training ground by the end of the week Jack Grealish would very much still be inside the back pages. Whatever, I don't see these as exciting times for football, quite the opposite in fact

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Course it's exciting - it will be the box office transfer of the summer if/when it happens.

FWIW I reckon Villa will be completely fine. Both Buendia and Bailey are qualla.

Pretty much this really, Sock boy was injured for a lengthy spell last season, Villa managed ok without him.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The meltdown occurring amongst some of their fan base is rather amusing if only because of the amount of people calling him a ‘traitor’. Some of my more sensible Villa supporting friends knew it was a matter of time but are hopeful they can still finish mid table.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Pretty much this really, Sock boy was injured for a lengthy spell last season, Villa managed ok without him.
They averaged 0.93 points a game, so no.

Not sure why so many on here rating villa. They're crap with a crap manager. We beat em away and should have won by about 3 at home.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
More box office than the Kane saga? Hardly, Kane's goings-on were all that the media were banging on about yesterday. Had he not said he was going back to Spurs' training ground by the end of the week Jack Grealish would very much still be inside the back pages.

Point taken

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here