Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish not playing again - Smith

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard a Stress Fracture is the problem.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange, given Smith was quoted with the following in his press conference for the Leeds game

“He’s getting better. He won’t be ready for tomorrow but he’s getting better.

“As I said last week, there’s been an awful lot of speculation where Jack is involved. People speculated how long he’s going to be out for – I’m not sure how they can do that when I don’t know, the doctor doesn’t know and Jack doesn’t know.

“I was very vague last week because it’s a bit of a strange injury. Jack could be back to play against Sheffield United next Wednesday or Wolves next week. We’ll be led by Jack on that.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he was an Albion player he’d be out until April at the earliest. Fingers crossed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Strange, given Smith was quoted with the following in his press conference for the Leeds game

“He’s getting better. He won’t be ready for tomorrow but he’s getting better.

“As I said last week, there’s been an awful lot of speculation where Jack is involved. People speculated how long he’s going to be out for – I’m not sure how they can do that when I don’t know, the doctor doesn’t know and Jack doesn’t know.

“I was very vague last week because it’s a bit of a strange injury. Jack could be back to play against Sheffield United next Wednesday or Wolves next week. We’ll be led by Jack on that.”

You'd think they might seek to employ better medical staff!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You'd think they might seek to employ better medical staff!
To be fair, he has been lying on the floor in screaming agony approximately 346 times this season; any one of them could have been the life-threatening injury they all appeared to be. Or it could be an accumulation of all 346.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
To be fair, he has been lying on the floor in screaming agony approximately 346 times this season; any one of them could have been the life-threatening injury they all appeared to be. Or it could be an accumulation of all 346.

Very very sore throat maybe ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The guy has been flogged to death by Villa. A lot of people are calling for him to start for England but I can see the classic age-old problem of him being knackered / injured for a June tournament.

Somewhat ironically, heroes of England's 2018 World Cup campaign Dele Alli and Jesse Lingard are both fresh and running into a rich vein of form.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
If it's a "strange" stress fracture, as Smith says, I expect it's to one of his arms, as a result of continually throwing himself face first to the turf and using his arms to cushion the blow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here