Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grayson sacked at Leeds?

Unlikely, on what basis would they choose a relatively untried or tested manager in a Club with lots of pressure for success. There's not pressure on Dougie at the moment, aside from keeping them up this year, so no guarantees he would cope with a job like Leeds.

Probably tongue in cheek trying to encorage the Croydon delinquents on this thread.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Warnock + Bates = perfect team for about half a season til they fall out & Warnock will get the bullet again, or Master Bates gets run out of town
by angry yorkshire men!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Grayson is one of the up and coming young British managers and Bates will find it difficult to replace him with a better manager,dont think that Warnock would gell with Bates.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Bates has got to be the biggest arse of all the league chairmen. Who in their right mind would want to work for him?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
This is absolutely crazy. When Leeds were in League 1, they seemed to buy anyone and everyone who was any good. Ok, they kept f***ing it up in the playoffs, but when they did get to the championship, they had a good squad. It must make a Leeds fan shudder when you look at who they have subsequently sold since being in the championship, i.e Cradel, Beckfoed, Howson, Johnson, Delph etc.

How the f*** does Bates expect any manager to get them promoted to the prem when you sell all your best players and use the cash to 'redevelop' Elland Road ?

Leeds have done well to even be in the top half of the table considering the strength and depth of their squad. I've never liked Bates and this proves just what a tool he is. Any manager in their right mind wouldn't touch that job with a barge pole, kmowing the transfer window is now shut and all they could do is look for scraps when the loan window opens again.

Feel sorry for Grayson. I'm sure he will be back very soon. I rate him as a manager plus he's young and British and good for the future of our game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would have thought the odds on GP going to LUFC would be nearer to 100/1.

There is no way Gus would go there as a yes man and be prepared to become a sacrificial lamb.

Was Bates there when GP was there with Wise etc ?

PS agree entirely with Grummitts Gloves on this

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just say he did go to Leeds, who would you want to replace him?

Dooog.

When Gus does go (in a good few years with luck) it will be interesting what happens. I think the Amex will be a bit like the White Hart Lane crowd - we will expect a style of football and if a new manager does try to change it (say Big Sam) he will get short shrift. But we look to Swansea in many ways, and they lost Martinez, and eventually got to Rodgers to carry on what was started.

So I don't know. But we will expect more of the same. Tony Bloom will get it right.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Surely if bates wants a manager to take the team further than what grayson could have done then he needs to bring in a damn good manager with great experience which would put the likes of zola out of the frame! gus would fit the bill perfectly though but cant see him leaving! Paul Ince has been linked with the leeds job which would be terrible for them!

D

Deleted member 22389

Gus - Leeds?

Gus is not going anywhere, unless an offer out of this world is offered, i.e top premiership club.
At the moment he has input across all areas of the club, including the new training ground. He is able to run and manage the team how he likes and has the backing of the big boss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here