Grauniad Bobby Theory

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue and White

Jul 5, 2003
From today's Grauniad... where did they get this angle from?

Tottenham Hotspur were last night discussing personal terms with the England Under-21 striker Bobby Zamora after agreeing a fee with Brighton believed to be around £2m.

Brighton had been hoping to raise £4m from the sale of Zamora, who returned to training on Tuesday, but a lack of funds following their relegation to the Second Division meant they needed to raise cash to agree new contracts with their existing players.

Grauniad has a number of Brighton fans working for them (not least of which is David Lacey, the most intelligent man in football journalism) who may or may not know people at the club. Other than that, I have no idea.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
They got that angle the same way all media gets their angle when they don't know the truth. They made it up, its a journalists job to speculate, I was once told.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
fatbadger said:
Grauniad has a number of Brighton fans working for them (not least of which is David Lacey, the most intelligent man in football journalism) who may or may not know people at the club. Other than that, I have no idea.

No, David Lacey was an Albion fan. Doesn't appear to have shown any interest in the club for years. Spends more time drooling over Man Utd.

Last time he mentioned us in print he made derogatory remarks about the Goldstone after it was pulled down.

Also, The Guardian was also just about the only paper to completely ignore Fans United.

Twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports