Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Holt from Norwich in January??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
On the fringes of their 1st team would be the ideal target man upfront with CMS. Wouldn't command a substantial fee either.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's only on the fringes of the first team as they play 4-5-1 and rotate the strikers (though Morison has started most games). Holt's a big player for them - hugely unrealistic. They do have a lot of strikers though, Chris Martin has just gone on loan to Palace, Jackson and Wilbraham will struggle to get games.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think rather than describe him as being on the fringes of the first team it might be more accurate to describe him as "playing an integral role whether starting or coming off the bench............." - 5 starts and 6 sub appearances - 3 goals. I think he has only failed to appear in 1 game

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He's only on the fringes of the first team as they play 4-5-1 and rotate the strikers (though Morison has started most games). Holt's a big player for them - hugely unrealistic. They do have a lot of strikers though, Chris Martin has just gone on loan to Palace, Jackson and Wilbraham will struggle to get games.

My thoughts exactly, Morison and Holt are very similar strikers (big target man) and after paying 3.5m for Morison he gets the nod. Also got Jackson and Wilbraham as you say. This wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility IMO.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bit of a misleading thread title. I'd have preferred 'Could Grant Holt from Norwich be a realistic option?'

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not sure that Gus's target is a striker - when we have our two of our most expensive signings in Hoskins and Buckley to return plus Vicente etc when we really need to stop shipping goals at the back - so maybe a defender or keeper?

The Chelsea and Spurs squad lists both look burdened with players not getting much match practice.

Would love to think that Tony Bloom will allow Gus 2 or 3 loanees but think he wants to see our current players fit and show some form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here