Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Did he play for us against Southampton, in the first season at the Amex, 3-0 to us. Quite a surprise, at the time, we were down to the bare bones through injuries, Southampton were top of the league. If it wasn’t him, who was it?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Did he play for us against Southampton, in the first season at the Amex, 3-0 to us. Quite a surprise, at the time, we were down to the bare bones through injuries, Southampton were top of the league. If it wasn’t him, who was it?

Steve Cook was brought back from loan I believe for this game and then joined Bournemouth on a permanent. I think... ???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I think you’re right. I do remember I was impressed with whoever it was , and a bit disappointed when they left.

Agreed. From what I remember, Sparrow scored an absolute belter and JFC had a great game too. I remember being quite excited about the latter but, unfortunately, he never managed to live up the expectation that this game created.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
How could we let a centre half go?..clearly we are down to barely double figures in this department.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. From what I remember, Sparrow scored an absolute belter and JFC had a great game too. I remember being quite excited about the latter but, unfortunately, he never managed to live up the expectation that this game created.

The match where poacher turned gamekeeper Adam El Abd wound Lambert up into getting himself sent off?

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Think he played against Coventry(?) in the FA cup. He looked a really good player, and Tottenham were interested at the time.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The match where poacher turned gamekeeper Adam El Abd wound Lambert up into getting himself sent off?

Hall came on for Taricco in that game. We were down to the bones in defence in that game but still SWEPT Southampton away...and that burly thug Lambert.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I am sure entry on here have no time JFC but he looked impressive at that time. He went out on loan and came back as a different player. Too scared.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I am sure entry on here have no time JFC but he looked impressive at that time. He went out on loan and came back as a different player. Too scared.

Yep. To Oxford a believe. Another one who I also believe suffered an injury and was never really the same again bar a worldie away at Doncaster (I think).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

That surprises me. I thought he did look good as an attacking midfielder but then he was given few opportunities by Poyet and was played much deeper.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I remember a few clowns on here saying he’d be playing in the Premier league before Brighton when we let him go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what would you have done if you were, at best, getting limited chances at BHA and got offered a contract at Totttenham?

Not sure you can describe it as Brighton letting him go. We offered a contract and he went off and got a better one.

Whether we like him or not, he has had a career in football which most on here would give their right arm for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here