Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand Theft Auto 4

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
I spent a good chunk of time playing and completing the game. There's loads to do, and I found myself getting sucked into the storyline. Niko Bellic is possibly my favourite GTA character, hard as nails, but with a big heart. I have to say though, when i jump on these days for a little bash, I find myself getting bored very quickly and turning off.

On a side note, the first add on; The Lost and Damned, was a good play. Completed that and thoroughly enjoyed the whole biker gang theme. Still yet to play The Ballad of Gay Tony, though i've heard it's good play.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
Completed it a few times, there's different endings depending on who you decide to kill etc, but not played it in months.

Can't wait for GTA5, although heard a rumour that Rockstar games weren't going to make anymore?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
San Andreas was one of the all time best games, beating the previous all time best game Vice City to a pulp. i couldnt wait for GTA4, i was prepared to buy a PS3 just for it. i waited for a bit of spare cash for said £400 game and played on mates.... and disappointment set in. grey and humourless. fantastic gameplay, graphic, realism... but the fun had gone. still dont have it, should buy it for PC cheap.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
GTA4 is good, but it didn't grab me like Vice City did.
You just cannot beat that 80's retro, the radio stations and music absolutely MADE that game. The whole look of it is based on the film Scarface - quite funny watching that film nowadays and seeing how much of it went into Vice City.

100% agree. The first introduction of a SCOOTER was quality, and with songs like video killed the radio star and gold, what more could you ask for?! Got an xbox now, but have kept the ps2 purely so i can play vice city. Pure flair

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Bought it for a tenner couple months back and never really played it, just started playing it this week and having a good time. Little Jacob is the GREATEST game character of all time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Or you could all get girlfriends, jobs, lives etc..............:fishing::fishing:

this coming from the same people that moan about their girlfriends/wives and say "cor wish I coulds spend all day playing games :("

face facts.....games are for LIFE.....girls are for christmas!

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Vice city for me as well. Was pure class. The music was just brilliant. Especially when you were in the club with a rocket launcher aimed at the dancefloor while listening to a foreigner track! Love the Scarface vibe.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah I think everyone is going to have a different favourite GTA game, largely based on when they were born. For me Vice City was MAGIC. The vibe, the atmosphere, the tunes and the Scarface/Carlito's Way references just made it an ABSOLUTE BELTER.

I still loved San Andreas and obviously it's bigger, there's more to do and there are new elements introduced BUT it just didn't capture me in the same way that Vice City did. That wonderful retro feel as you ride a chopper into a gorgeous sunset with Michael Jackson on the stereo was as close to perfection as I can imagine

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I played through it and completed it like I do with most shooter type of games and have since bought the two add-ons, lost and damned and the ballad of gay tony. However I can see where you're coming from as the story line really isn't very gripping but I found playing party mode online with friends can keep you entertained for hours.

Oct 25, 2003
SA was brilliant, listening to N.W.A as you perform a drive by shooting on rival gang members IN THE HOOD was fantastic

VC was great also, but because it's before my time i was somewhat missing out on the whole nostalgia thing that many of you experienced

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here