Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand national bets

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm after a nice long odds ew hopefull with a decent shout, can any of the experts (Mackenzie, Moggy I'm looking to you) suggest one for us?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The race is a complete and utter lottery. You could play favourite numbers and have as much chance as if you went with logic.

Personally, I've gone with cheeky each-way flutters on Chicago Grey, Seabass, On His Own, Westend Rocker, Tharawaat and Giles Cross.
(#11, #13, #15, #17, #29, #34)

In the last ten years, three favourites have won and only two horses over 20/1. Which in a fourty runner race over four and a half miles, would suggest it's not as much as a lottery as some would lead you to believe. Sure you get the odd long price winner, but seven of the last ten winners have been less than 16/1....West End Rocker for me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
In the last ten years, three favourites have won and only two horses over 20/1. Which in a fourty runner race over four and a half miles, would suggest it's not as much as a lottery as some would lead you to believe. Sure you get the odd long price winner, but seven of the last ten winners have been less than 16/1....West End Rocker for me.

Stats don't really matter. None of the horses are tested over 4 and a half miles until the race itself, who knows which horse can cope with that. The owners and jockeys certainly don't, in that respect it is a lottery. You can back anyone and hope for the best, form doesn't really matter. And that's the fun, anyone can win it.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've gone for Calgary Bay - only because my wife has just discovered a cousin in the Calgary area - it's as good a reason as any in the National !!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
West End Rocker will romp home.........Hopefully!

Shakalakaboom is one to watch though.

Treacle E/W, to get me out of a sticky situation if all else fail!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've gone for Cappa Bleu and Neptune Collonges.

It is a complete lottery really, you could bet on the best horse but it only takes a horse next to it to falter over a fence and take it with it and its game over.:censored:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
As some have already said, it's not as much of a lottery as you may think.

I reckon you can certainly narrow it down. I would suggest a horse aged 8,9 or 10. No heavier than 11-05, maybe of Irish decent and preferably not wearing blinkers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Put my smash on Shakalakaboomboom. Only bet once a year but this one looks like may just pull it out of the bag?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here