Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand National 2013

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you have a bet now and your horse is balloted out you should get your money back even if you don't go with a NRNB firm.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Thank you for reminding me that this clashes with an Albion home game.
I had just recently got over the annoyance.
I hadn't realised that until I read your post. With the small amount of home Saturdays we've had this season this is just unlucky.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
yes.jpg

ladies' day

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Generally it is a bit of a lottery but you can certainly whittle the 40 horse field down to single figures if you look at the trends of the weights, form, age etc of the horses that have won in the past.

This.
I built a spreadsheet that looks at the previous winners, calculates averages, mid/max/mode stats, narrowed it down to 3

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If one of Fergies horses isn't leading over the last will the ref add an extra few furlongs?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Just seen the horse that had to be put down yesterday Little Josh was owned by Tony Bloom!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Why not.....
Quiscover Fontaine 33-1
Rainbow Hunter (Outside bet) 80-1
Balthazar King 16-1

Still a lottery though.

50/1, 100/1, and 20/1 respectively on Bet365. Also, BetVictor are paying out on first SIX places.

I'm on Quiscover Fontaine, did him last week thinking the price would shorten, but it hasn't really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Across The Bay

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Put my bet on Soll......may the gods look favourably upon me.

40/1 bet365

Sandown-Soll.jpg

Soll. The Jo Hughes-trained Soll has just squeezed in at the bottom of the handicap. But the way the eight-year-old jumped round Sandown to win a three mile handicap chase in March suggests neither the distance nor the fences will hold too many fears for this pairing. Being by Presenting he will appreciate the decent ground and at 33-1 he represents good each-way value.~Marcus Armytage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here