Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gran Turismo

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I cannot wait to get this game!!! I know this doesn't answer your question but i'd thought you'd like to know my thoughts..

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Let's just say it needs some serious work.
Clunky menus (that's if you can get past the bugs if logged into PSN) and graphically very very poor in places, especially the shadows.
Apparently multiplayer is an absolute mess but at least that's something that can be patched in the future.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Let's just say it needs some serious work.
Clunky menus (that's if you can get past the bugs if logged into PSN) and graphically very very poor in places, especially the shadows.
Apparently multiplayer is an absolute mess but at least that's something that can be patched in the future.

They made that much of a mess of it despite how long they were working on it? I absolutely loved the first game, don't have a PS3 now.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was thinking of getting a PS3 just for this game, but with Rfactor2 around the corner I'm not sure I'll bother. Got a G25 (Steering Wheel/Pedals) the other day for £90 whcih is nice :)

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
ahh just see an advert for it. looks good but the older GT games are always a bit boring and slow in my eyes.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I seriously suggest to everyone get rFactor...if you have a PC that is...and a wheel/pedal/stick shift combo!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I loved the version that was in the PS2 era.
I played that almost to the point where I could have just entered the max out cheat, and saved a pooh load of time.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Been playing it on and off today and its ace! The menu's and navigation are a bit clunky as previously mentioned, faffing around with getting to where you want to be takes too many button presses and seems long winded but that said the game itself has lots of different modes, cars (obviously!) and something for everyone with some stunning graphics, scenery and car modelling. Haven't managed to race online yet as no surprise the servers seem overloaded, not unusual for a hotly anticipated release such as this and it usually sorts itself out in a few days/weeks. 8.5/10 from me and I race police cars for a living !!

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
It's great. The graphics aren't poor in any way. If you're seeing tearing or jags on the shadows, I'm guessing you've got a crap telly or aren't playing it in HD - and if that's the case, why get a PS3?

Couple of bugs, but nowhere near as many as the new Fallout game, say.

On the whole it was very much worth the wait.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I loved it too, but a bit sad at the end.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's great. The graphics aren't poor in any way. If you're seeing tearing or jags on the shadows, I'm guessing you've got a crap telly or aren't playing it in HD - and if that's the case, why get a PS3?

Couple of bugs, but nowhere near as many as the new Fallout game, say.

On the whole it was very much worth the wait.

I'm seeing the same crappy shadows, on my Sony Bravia TV in HD....

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
Not meaning to overstate this game... but it is simply amazing. I usually say this about every Gran Turismo - great at the start, then you get stuck, need certain cars for certain events and it gets too hard. But I'm a fair way through this and it is incredible once mastered.

The go-karting is gripping, there are SO MANY CARS, graphics stunning, haven't tried online yet.

Right now I'm thinking this game could be my favourite EVER, more than... Twilight Princess, Mario 64, San Andreas... but time will tell, I'm sure it'll get too hard at some point and I'll get fed up of it.

But for now, anyone that has a PS3, you are doing yourself a disservice not owning this game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here