Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Good idea.
We could talk about how negative and boring the football was until Potter saved us and converted us from perennial relegation contenders into a top-half team.
Not sure what you would call it, though. Maybe Escape (from soul-destroying football) to Victory!
Ever been to a Brighton game?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Christ, surely nothing can top the uber-shite that Hyppia served up every week.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hundreds and the last few months of CHball were the most depressing games I’ve ever seen and that includes the “war years” for me. Potter was a breath of fresh air :shrug:
I think that 5 day period where we got dicked 5-0 at home by Bournemouth then lost to Cardiff midweek, was probably the low point for me.

As much as I think CH's departure could have been handled better, it was the right thing to do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ, surely nothing can top the uber-shite that Hyppia served up every week.
You do have a point, but in fairness he had the worst group of players we had in the Championship and they could not have been more unsuited to how he wanted to play. He was also the dullest ever Albion manager.

I did enjoy the game at Norwich though.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think that 5 day period where we got dicked 5-0 at home by Bournemouth then lost to Cardiff midweek, was probably the low point for me.

As much as I think CH's departure could have been handled better, it was the right thing to do.
That was the exact time I decided to start taking my son to Brighton games. Can't believe he's still going really.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Hundreds and the last few months of CHball were the most depressing games I’ve ever seen and that includes the “war years” for me. Potter was a breath of fresh air and teeth sucking :shrug:
I know you have Icy and I know you hated Hughton. Can’t really work out why.
And I know that the last four months were wretched
But a lot of watching Potters teams was wretched too.
And he’s never ever won anything - nothing - he’s just helped to consign a billion pound team to finish lower than Palace. 😃😃
I don’t think even Chris Hughton could have achieved that
A tinker man who will fail at his next job too.
De Zerbi proves that Potter held us back.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, but it's a bit of a shit hole, isn't it?

Hang on, let me look it up....

View attachment 161346

Just as I thought. Complete dump.
Graham (I'm filthy rich and I don't give a shit) Potter has become the Michael Caine of football managers.

During the latter stages of his career, Caine gained a reputation for only taking a movie role if the location, accommodation and the food were top notch.

Note the movie 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' set in Beaulieu-sur-mer, next door to Nice.
Here is Caine enjoying fine dining on set with Ruprecht.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know you have Icy and I know you hated Hughton. Can’t really work out why.
And I know that the last four months were wretched
But a lot of watching Potters teams was wretched too.
And he’s never ever won anything - nothing - he’s just helped to consign a billion pound team to finish lower than Palace. 😃😃
I don’t think even Chris Hughton could have achieved that
A tinker man who will fail at his next job too.
De Zerbi proves that Potter held us back.
I did NOT hate Hughton! I loved what he did here, he got us to the promised land in style after a massive disappointment the previous season, but harsh reality is that he was not able to be braver in his style of play against better sides. The last few months and his tenure at Forest are proof to me that he went past his sell by date in his last season here.

CH is an absolute gent and I’d love him to come back for a game to receive the plaudits he deserves, I think that bridge might have been burnt with the way he was dismissed though. :down:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Thinking about it, this is not true. If you say his leaving was "the best thing to happen to BHAFC since he joined BHAFC", that implies that his joining us was better than his leaving us, which would imply that GP's arrival was a greater thing than RDZ's arrival (what sort of weirdo would think that?). Frankly, I'm struggling to think of anything better that has ever happened to the club than RDZ joining us.
Tony Bloom

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
CH is an absolute gent and I’d love him to come back for a game to receive the plaudits he deserves, I think that bridge might have been burnt with the way he was dismissed though. :down:
Is there ever an easy way of saying your fired though?, (obviously Tony wouldn't have put it anything like that, but that's what it amounts to, he lost his job.)

Gent that Chris Hughton is, l would have thought he might be prepared to come back for a few quick words with Richie at half time. After all he achieved so much for the Albion, and most of us fans are truly grateful.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Given the way he’s described on here I’m assuming we finished last season one place off relegation and it must have been a miracle that we avoided relegation. Oh hang on we finished 9th - at the time our best ever finish. Still Potter was crap though.
Half of that season was dross longest losing run and winless run he was lucky TB isn’t trigger happy or that easy life may not of been so easy.
Moses Caciedo changed the season I do wonder if he can actually spot a quality player after admitting he had no idea he was that good. I say that as watching him play for his Country way before his Albion debut he was always one of the best players on the pitch.
Then we had the head scratching during interviews as to why we couldn’t score a goal something RDZ solved within a month or two and now what forth top scorers on the PL.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Does this mean, if he lands the job, he won’t be taking any of the backroom staff with him this time? According to the article he’ll also have to wait until the Manchester United takeover is completed as Nice are owned by Ineos who are competing with an Oil State for United.

From Talksport

Potter is expected to return to management next season and with a host of suitors likely to be available, the former Brighton boss is unlikely to wait around for Nice to accelerate their move for him.

Nice have reportedly already held talks with Potter who is happy to work with the backroom staff created by sporting director Florent Ghisolfi.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Does this mean, if he lands the job, he won’t be taking any of the backroom staff with him this time? According to the article he’ll also have to wait until the Manchester United takeover is completed as Nice are owned by Ineos who are competing with an Oil State for United.

From Talksport

Potter is expected to return to management next season and with a host of suitors likely to be available, the former Brighton boss is unlikely to wait around for Nice to accelerate their move for him.

Nice have reportedly already held talks with Potter who is happy to work with the backroom staff created by sporting director Florent Ghisolfi.
Who f***ing cares 😏

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here