Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting to hear Dunk say his favourite game of the season was... Chelsea at home. :ROFLMAO:

* Largely due to the atmosphere rather than Potter-hate, in fairness.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thinking about it, this is not true. If you say his leaving was "the best thing to happen to BHAFC since he joined BHAFC", that implies that his joining us was better than his leaving us, which would imply that GP's arrival was a greater thing than RDZ's arrival (what sort of weirdo would think that?). Frankly, I'm struggling to think of anything better that has ever happened to the club than RDZ joining us.
nah, you've over thought. you can have "best thing since" and the second is better than the first, which was better than those things before. Potter whipped the players into a style of play that encouraged passing, possession. it lack attacking instinct. DeZerbi added that, he'd rather win than grind out a draw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am 95% sure this whole thread was just a fishing trip to see how much you still hate on the guy :ROFLMAO:
I don't hate the guy in the least. In fact I actually - on one level - admire the bloke for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear and providing generational wealth for his family. He's certainly put in the long hard mediocre miles. If anything I'm sneering at the dumb unthinking NSC echo chamber (and, to be fair, the media guys with endless column inches to fill) who just mindlessly parroted that the guy was 'clearly a talented coach' when he clearly wasn't :lolol:

Entitled to your opinion mate. But if it had not been for Potter laying the foundations we wouldn’t be where we are today, so pretty appropriate IMO.
But can I blow your mind, what if it was Gus Poyet who laid the foundations

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't hate the guy in the least. In fact I actually - on one level - admire the bloke for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear and providing generational wealth for his family. He's certainly put in the long hard mediocre miles. If anything I'm sneering at the dumb unthinking NSC echo chamber (and, to be fair, the media guys with endless column inches to fill) who just mindlessly parroted that the guy was 'clearly a talented coach' when he clearly wasn't :lolol:
I've got no love for the guy but his CV suggests you are wrong. He shaped the squad into a slick passing side but could never develop them into an attacking force. That seemed to change early in the season and it took him 2 seasons to get there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Football management is a game of snakes and ladders.
We've been lucky to land on ladders with the last three.....
That makes it sound like chance, a roll of the dice, which is doing a massive disservice to Bloom and Barber. They plan ahead and try to keep planning ahead.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Amazing really.

Chris Hughton saved us from relegation to League 1, and then got us promoted after narrowly missing out the previous season. Kept us up twice with a pretty crap squad.
And then was sacked.
Potter moved a much improved squad further up the table and then walked out for a big wedge.

One is a legend - one isn't

Hughton had much more to do with where we are now than Potter
If it wasn't for Hughton, we might just have been sodding about in the Championship still.

All Potter did, was set the team up for De Zerbi, after a frankly frustrating couple of years, where we flirted with relegation again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But can I blow your mind, what if it was Gus Poyet who laid the foundations
Russell Slade brought in Andrew Crofts, but it was Poyet who made him skipper. He also gave Lewis Dunk his debut, and then made him skipper when Croftsy went to Norwich.
Two people who are still very much part of the club now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thinking about it, this is not true. If you say his leaving was "the best thing to happen to BHAFC since he joined BHAFC", that implies that his joining us was better than his leaving us, which would imply that GP's arrival was a greater thing than RDZ's arrival (what sort of weirdo would think that?). Frankly, I'm struggling to think of anything better that has ever happened to the club than RDZ joining us.
TB owning it is of course the best thing that has ever happened to the club.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
TB owning it is of course the best thing that has ever happened to the club.
I'd throw the Amex being built in there as well.
Promotion to the Premier League.
Lewis Dunk and Solly March's births.
And signing several of the current squad.
On the Potter point, since he'd justifiably get some blame if he'd been sacked at that stage of the season and then we'd been relegated, it seems fair to give some credit given we were doing well and then qualified for Europe.
There's also been plenty of clubs who tried to change their style of football as we did from Hughton to Potter, and fell flat on their faces.
But on the other hand, I just don't like him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Spoke to Bruno on the seafront before the match yesterday and reading between the lines, he was shat on from a great height at chelski.

I know there is a feeling of “ you reap what you sow” but I for one will always remember his as an absolute legend and hope he gets back into football soon.

he is a genuinely nice fella……and still has a full beard lol.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Spoke to Bruno on the seafront before the match yesterday and reading between the lines, he was shat on from a great height at chelski.

I know there is a feeling of “ you reap what you sow” but I for one will always remember his as an absolute legend and hope he gets back into football soon.

he is a genuinely nice fella……and still has a full beard lol.
But did he fail to mention that the shat contained wads of cash! He can do one!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't get the impression Potter is one for regrets, life only goes in one direction for him I'm betting. Doubt he'll be losing sleep over our forthcoming European campaign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here