[Albion] Graham Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Personally I'm more interested in what the much-maligned Barry Lloyd was thinking yesterday. Where is Barry these days? Plenty of ups and downs during his time here but his knack of tracking down excellent value transfer targets pre-dated our current algorithm by 30 years. (Yes, I know, Mark Farrington. But even our algorithm has the occasional blip.)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Football management is a game of snakes and ladders.
We've been lucky to land on ladders with the last three.....
And yet Ladders don’t sneak up behind you and bite you on the arse,

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thanks Potter, for dropping the Albion and your players at a moments notice.
Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, we don't get De Zerbi without Potter. Potter left him a winning team that was finally scoring goals. Very few managers get a job because the previous manager was poached for doing a good job. In the main they're inheriting a shambles because the last gaffer got binned.

This season has been a journey that ended in the European dream being realised, Potter was a part of that journey so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get called out as part of a great season.
Like it or not, we don't get De Zerbi without Putin invading Ukraine, I won't be thanking Putin.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bollocks. We don't get De Zerbi without a stunning level of recruitment and a coach (from a shortlist of probably several hundred) that was a bit less defensively-minded than CH. Tho I guess we'll never know who that second-choice guy to Potter was, or whether he'd have been equally mediocre for two full seasons
No need to be rude, we just disagree. Bloom and Barber thought Potter was pretty decent and backed him repeatedly and never once looked to get rid of him. It just so happens that him leaving came at the right time to get in the right next manager.

But yeah, you know better...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thanks Potter, for dropping the Albion and your players at a moments notice.

Like it or not, we don't get De Zerbi without Putin invading Ukraine, I won't be thanking Putin.
I'm not asking you to, I'm just saying that I don't have an issue if some people do want to thank him for his contribution

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What happened with Swanny? What was he banned for?
Antisemitism, I think. Although I'm not sure the ban is still in place, because he was having a look at NSC early on Saturday morning, apparently...

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 15.31.14.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No need to be rude, we just disagree. Bloom and Barber thought Potter was pretty decent and backed him repeatedly and never once looked to get rid of him. It just so happens that him leaving came at the right time to get in the right next manager.

But yeah, you know better...
It wasn't rude. Well, maybe apart from one word 😄 Your glib assertion just deserved a firm rebuttal. Same as everybody else in the echo chamber who just parrot 'Potter is clearly a good coach' when he clearly isn't :lol:

Reactions: cjd

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I liked what someone said, which was that GP leaving BHAFC turned out to be the best thing to happen to BHAFC since GP joining BHAFC.

Thinking about it, this is not true. If you say his leaving was "the best thing to happen to BHAFC since he joined BHAFC", that implies that his joining us was better than his leaving us, which would imply that GP's arrival was a greater thing than RDZ's arrival (what sort of weirdo would think that?). Frankly, I'm struggling to think of anything better that has ever happened to the club than RDZ joining us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It wasn't rude. Well, maybe apart from one word 😄 Your glib assertion just deserved a firm rebuttal. Same as everybody else in the echo chamber who just parrot 'Potter is clearly a good coach' when he clearly isn't :lol:
Bloom and Barber thought he was a good coach. Clearly he had his flaws, and thankfully we replaced him with a better coach

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thanks Graham, you f***ing off was the best thing that could have happened to us

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Potter did us no harm,only good IMO…..Not so sure about harming his own career,well paid it for none the less.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Antisemitism, I think. Although I'm not sure the ban is still in place, because he was having a look at NSC early on Saturday morning, apparently...

View attachment 161206
Poor sap. Just when we've got most to talk about, he's frustratedly hopping up and down in mum's basement, surrounded by pizza boxes (and the rest) just gagging to give his BigBrain weltanschauung on how we're doing football wrong. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to struggle on somehow :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Potter seems a very Leicester sort of manager. Would be no surprise to see him there in the Championship next season.

Palace fans talked about him with some interest, but all the indicators are that they will run with Roy again (not sure who they'll revert to when they sack him around February- Big Sam?).
Well Palarse are big when it comes to dinosaurs, with not only Woy, but Big Sam, Pardew, Colin Warnock and Tony Pulis all taking the hot seat at one time or another.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Potter seems a very Leicester sort of manager. Would be no surprise to see him there in the Championship next season.

Palace fans talked about him with some interest, but all the indicators are that they will run with Roy again (not sure who they'll revert to when they sack him around February- Big Sam?).
I would love to see Southgate given an opportunity.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Who cares about that guy anymore? Slow Benny. Took him forever to get a squad of global talents firing at the Albion. Wouldn't know his first choice team selection or a good player if they bit him in the bum. Then repeated the trick at Chelsea. What a dud! Must be all RDZ's Christmases come at once that he inherited such an oven-ready trove of treasure. Just needed him to install a more adventurous approach than Possession For Possession's Sake. No wonder he wants to stick around for a while. Not sure about the Open Top Bus, but RDZ should definitely be gjven The Keys To The City for Services To Football and Services To Football Tourism :bowdown:
I am 95% sure this whole thread was just a fishing trip to see how much you still hate on the guy :ROFLMAO:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports