[Albion] Graham Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I did wonder how Potter would have felt watching our game and seeing RDZ writing the next chapter of our history.

I assume he would have wanted us to qualify, but I dare say he must realise that RDZ's success is shining a light on his reputation gained from being our head coach.
Every pundit has started commenting on how RDZ has sorted out the gaps that were obvious within Potter's side.

Sure he did a great job for us.
But the biggest impact on our success , was from his decision to chase the money at Chelsea.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I said at the time Potter left that he was taking a massive gamble that IMO was always stacked against him. Even if he’d gone to that shot show and won the EPL there would still have been an element of ‘so what’ from their deluded, entitled, thick as 2 short planks ‘Chels’ fan base, however not winning it would see them oust him quickly. I think the mistake he made was believing that Todd was just like Tony and that his 5 year contract gave him time, all those 2 have in common as football club chairman is their initials.

He was completely entitled to chase the dream/money but the fact that he took people like Bruno with him did it for me. Potter can do one.

dinoj

Oct 6, 2012
He strikes me as a man who would focus on the decision rather than the outcome. Given the circumstances again, would he still move to Chelsea again? I think he would. He'll get another job at a less toxic club at Chelsea and do fine.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Hear hear! Good to find I'm not the only one who doesn't want to re-write history! Whether Potter would have got us three places higher than he managed last season, I don't know - maybe, even probably, he wouldn't, but that doesn't mean we weren't doing pretty well the day before he left us (and felt pretty glum the day after he left - apart from THPP, of course).
One thing I'm pretty sure of, is that we wouldn't have scored 70 goals (and counting) this season under Potter.

Last edited:

To be fair, I feel warmer towards Chris Hughton who not only got us up, but also did what is often considered even harder than getting in the Premier League kept us up, for two seasons.

I liked what someone said, which was that GP leaving BHAFC turned out to be the best thing to happen to BHAFC since GP joining BHAFC.
This

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I did wonder how Potter would have felt watching our game and seeing RDZ writing the next chapter of our history.

I assume he would have wanted us to qualify, but I dare say he must realise that RDZ's success is shining a light on his reputation gained from being our head coach.
Every pundit has started commenting on how RDZ has sorted out the gaps that were obvious within Potter's side.

Sure he did a great job for us.
But the biggest impact on our success , was from his decision to chase the money at Chelsea.
Wealthy man watches football match on TV or not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Leicester are supposedly sniffing around and preparing to make GPott an offer, at least according to the speculation that l have read.

It could be the perfect platform fo him actually, even if it means starting again in the Championship. It would give him a project and the time to rebuild the club.

The sort of thing that he is good at l think.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’ve seen it all now, thanking a guy who didn’t leave with a heavy heart cleaned out the back room staff and probably couldn’t give a shit if we ended up relegated.
He then made disrespectful remarks in the media about our club and wondered why we lifted the atmosphere on his return. Blokes a bellend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I’ve seen it all now, thanking a guy who didn’t leave with a heavy heart cleaned out the back room staff and probably couldn’t give a shit if we ended up relegated.
He then made disrespectful remarks in the media about our club and wondered why we lifted the atmosphere on his return. Blokes a bellend.
Disrespectable remarks to the media? when? and what did he say?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Potter seems a very Leicester sort of manager. Would be no surprise to see him there in the Championship next season.

Palace fans talked about him with some interest, but all the indicators are that they will run with Roy again (not sure who they'll revert to when they sack him around February- Big Sam?).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Shit post today

you're right. But your post is not for today…. No offence sorry. Potter is no longer part of the new dream. He f***ed off.
Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, we don't get De Zerbi without Potter. Potter left him a winning team that was finally scoring goals. Very few managers get a job because the previous manager was poached for doing a good job. In the main they're inheriting a shambles because the last gaffer got binned.

This season has been a journey that ended in the European dream being realised, Potter was a part of that journey so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get called out as part of a great season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who cares about that guy anymore? Slow Benny. Took him forever to get a squad of global talents firing at the Albion. Wouldn't know his first choice team selection or a good player if they bit him in the bum. Then repeated the trick at Chelsea. What a dud! Must be all RDZ's Christmases come at once that he inherited such an oven-ready trove of treasure. Just needed him to install a more adventurous approach than Possession For Possession's Sake. No wonder he wants to stick around for a while. Not sure about the Open Top Bus, but RDZ should definitely be gjven The Keys To The City for Services To Football and Services To Football Tourism :bowdown:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Leicester are supposedly sniffing around and preparing to make GPott an offer, at least according to the speculation that l have read.

It could be the perfect platform fo him actually, even if it means starting again in the Championship. It would give him a project and the time to rebuild the club.

The sort of thing that he is good at l think.
And then when he gets them back in the top 8 of the Premier maybe Spurs will be ready to replace the Dutch bloke and recruit GP. And so on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whether you or anyone else likes it or not, we don't get De Zerbi without Potter. Potter left him a winning team that was finally scoring goals. Very few managers get a job because the previous manager was poached for doing a good job. In the main they're inheriting a shambles because the last gaffer got binned.

This season has been a journey that ended in the European dream being realised, Potter was a part of that journey so I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get called out as part of a great season.
Bollocks. We don't get De Zerbi without a stunning level of recruitment and a coach (from a shortlist of probably several hundred) that was a bit less defensively-minded than CH. Tho I guess we'll never know who that second-choice guy to Potter was, or whether he'd have been equally mediocre for two full seasons

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Thank you.

You started the change and contributed 30% of the points as manager to achieving the European dream.
I mean this is just not at all true.

Potter got 13 points in the first six games of this season - we have amassed 61 points with a possibility of getting 67. At best he contributed 21% of the points and if we get maximum it'll be 19%.

10% of our points is the difference between getting Europe and finishing 9th again.

Unless of course we're counting him turning Chelsea into an uncompetitive side and gifting us six points in the percentage as well?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports