Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graham Potter

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just saying that it's not black and white that 'our strikers aren't good enough'.

I would say that it is. There are maybe three strike pairings or forwards playing as a lone striker in the league that I rate less than ours.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have to remember that this is the poster who thought Glenn Murray was 1 in 10 Glenn and that Leon Knight was alright. He doesn’t have a great record in spotting talent :lolol:

In fairness Knight was a great player until his ego ran away with him

Crikey, did THPP really post that Muzza was a nothing striker? You must be joking.

From Withdean, to sadly Selhurst, then The Amex, Muzza was a quality footballer and brilliant striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crikey, did THPP really post that Muzza was a nothing striker? You must be joking.

From Withdean, to sadly Selhurst, then The Amex, Muzza was a quality footballer and brilliant striker.

He wasn’t alone in fairness. I went to plenty of games in his early days where Murray got abuse from the terraces for being lazy, surly and shit

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You have to remember that this is the poster who thought Glenn Murray was 1 in 10 Glenn and that Leon Knight was alright. He doesn’t have a great record in spotting talent :lolol:

In fairness Knight was a great player until his ego ran away with him

he doesn't appear to be a fan of football at all,

seems more like a rugby league type chap; no pretty passing, all blood and guts

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Rather than start the entire process all over again, it would be easier just to buy a striker.

Potter’s job is safe. That’s going to p off some posters who live in a parallel universe where Potter’s been a complete disaster from start to finish. I just don’t feel gloomy at all about the club, far from it. A couple of quality signings this summer and imho next season we’ll progress further. More goals scored, more wins.

[emoji106] our club is at the apex moment in its history to date. We’re playing better football then has ever been seen in the lifetimes of some of our younger fans.

Our squad is ever improving and is full of exciting young talent. Our academy is starting to pay dividends and we have some genuine elite players in our first team. Captained by one of our own, Biss and Sanchez potentially can go all the way. We have a forward thinking manager who’s not afraid to go at any team and who’s own reputation is starting to blossom in this country. And of course we have the best chairman in the league.

Aside from the lack of a new striker(!), I continue to be perplexed how anyone could be negative about anything going on with our club right now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's all very well having a lot of shots but that's irrelevant if the chance of scoring is low.

As it happens, our xG per shot is 0.10, which is in line with most other clubs in the league.

West Ham have had 40 shots less than us but scored 17 more goals.

Maybe their players are simply outperforming their xG or maybe Moyes has a system that creates chances that suits them. Do you think Soucek would score 9 goals in our system?

I'm not bashing Potter or saying he should change his system. Just saying that it's not black and white that 'our strikers aren't good enough'.

I’ve rated Soucek from day one, I’ve often mentioned him on NSC. A quality CM, an international, a giant and almost unplayable at set pieces.

Penalties - are we the miss kings this season?

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Laughing once more at the knee-bowing at the Cult Of Potter. It truly is pitiful :lolol:

Just because you're a senior member on here, no need to be rude ? I read an article recently , asking if Potter is too good for Brighton ?
Your reaction is, in my opinion, uncalled for ?

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Well according to some here, GP should be gone. In fact some would rather have Eddie Howe or Steve McClaren!

I agree with you they’ll be interest. People have started to take notice of what GP is doing here.

Which clubs would go for Potter though?

Top 4? Nah. He’s not trendy enough.
Bottom half? Why leave us for a side step.
The clubs that we may be concerned about would be Spurs or Arsenal. I think our biggest threat long term actually is the England job.

But as he’s a good fit for us, we’re a perfect club for him as well. It’s a long term project with an infrastructure built to support him, an incredible academy and even more importantly we have a supportive owner.

Blimey, don't let the (in )famous Tom Hark read this...........he'll rip you up a shred !!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Rather than start the entire process all over again, it would be easier just to buy a striker.

Potter’s job is safe. That’s going to p off some posters who live in a parallel universe where Potter’s been a complete disaster from start to finish. I just don’t feel gloomy at all about the club, far from it. A couple of quality signings this summer and imho next season we’ll progress further. More goals scored, more wins.

I would go further than that. Keep what we've got and go into next season with our youngsters in midfield and up front a year older and more experienced, together with a back 5 that has Lamptey, March and Webster for the season, and that will do for me :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[emoji106] our club is at the apex moment in its history to date. We’re playing better football then has ever been seen in the lifetimes of some of our younger fans.

Our squad is ever improving and is full of exciting young talent. Our academy is starting to pay dividends and we have some genuine elite players in our first team. Captained by one of our own, Biss and Sanchez potentially can go all the way. We have a forward thinking manager who’s not afraid to go at any team and who’s own reputation is starting to blossom in this country. And of course we have the best chairman in the league.

Aside from the lack of a new striker(!), I continue to be perplexed how anyone could be negative about anything going on with our club right now.

NSC would inevitably attract moaners venting their spleen. I know other non-NSC Albion fans (yes, they do exist) who are happy with things. What do you reckon, 80% of the wider fanbase are satisfied with us staying up, the quality of football and kicking on?

I respect the views of eg [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], who has valid points about the scarcity of wins.

But the hysterical comments about Potter being a non-league standard loser and slagging off TB for appointing him are laughable. Doesn’t wind me up, instead it’s comedy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would go further than that. Keep what we've got and go into next season with our youngsters in midfield and up front a year older and more experienced, together with a back 5 that has Lamptey, March and Webster for the season, and that will do for me :thumbsup:

Three players I rate highly, I expect most people do.

Never forgotten by me, in August they’ll be the equivalent of £75m in new signings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just because you're a senior member on here, no need to be rude ? I read an article recently , asking if Potter is too good for Brighton ?
Your reaction is, in my opinion, uncalled for ?

Don’t fret, most people have enjoyed this chat :thumbsup::smile:.

The over the top slagging off of Potter, may come back to bite. NSC has a history of bouncing, repeatedly, misjudgements writing off personnel.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Thats because you ignore the negative stuff.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think your post raises more questions about you than Graham Potter.

You may have difficulty at the moment seeing what a visionary he is, but once the results improve you'll find it a bit easier to understand what's happening.
You're not alone in your lack of insight, but I reckon you'll eventually see the light.

The man's a brilliant coach, very ambitious and we're lucky to have him.

Oh my DAYS! :lolol: :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
NSC would inevitably attract moaners venting their spleen. I know other non-NSC Albion fans (yes, they do exist) who are happy with things. What do you reckon, 80% of the wider fanbase are satisfied with us staying up, the quality of football and kicking on?

I respect the views of eg [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION], who has valid points about the scarcity of wins.

But the hysterical comments about Potter being a non-league standard loser and slagging off TB for appointing him are laughable. Doesn’t wind me up, instead it’s comedy.

And this is why I very much dislike the binary camps of "Potter Ins" and "Potter Outs".

If the guy can turn the nice football and the clearly high esteem he's held in, to more wins next season then happy days. And, as a Brighton fan before a fan of any individual manager, coach or player I hope he does.

But another season of "33 points after 31 games, 16th place" would only confirm a theory that I have that, in terms of the men's first XI you could probably put any other current Premier League coach of sides around us in charge and, with three exceptions, get the same place in the table,

I'll take Heckingbottom out of that, because new and currently trying to turn an agricultural, overlapping Sheffield United side into Barca. Oops. I'll take Bruce out because no one rates him apart from, seemingly, Mike Ashley. And Dyche would never work here. But I reckon Allerdyce, Hasenhüttl, Smith, Parker and even Woy would have us about where we are right now. And probably Arteta too. Obviously your Klopps and Peps are not realistic, but when people on here state "who would you have instead?", if you could poach anyone from in and around us the question quickly becomes "who wouldn't you have?".

Which is a very long winded way of saying I don't hold for a minute with THPP's suggestion that he's another Sami but I also do not hold with the Cult of Potter that he's irreplaceable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How does that make a fair view of something? I much prefer to be someone who can see both positive and negative stuff in something if its there.

I’m not picking on you. I’m making an educated guess on how the likes of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], [MENTION=38362]vagabond[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] process an Albion draw where we played well, but a load of half chances were missed. [Typical this season].

Instead of focusing on how Potter allegedly caused that catastrophic failure to tuck away the chances, instead I think they might dwell on the quality build up play, metrics showing we’re far more creative than we used to be and how next time out we might improve.

It’s a lucky trait. Not saying I have that, but I don’t know why .... I feel the club’s in a good place on every level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here