Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter - football genius

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ben White
Jul/Aug 2020 - Brighton reject bid of £25m from a team oop north
Jul 2021 - Brighton accept £50m bid, with it seems a significant chunk being paid up front.

Well done our coaching maestro and his team in turning a £25m player into a £50m player in a year.

:whistle:

The extra 25m is a Bielsa follow through, nothing to do with the Albion

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think it might be a very subtle dig at the Leeds Bielsa cult….

There's no need to call him a cult. He's well respected among the knowledgeable Leeds fanbase.

On a serious note, I'm very impressed with the way that BW has handled himself throughout all the speculation. He has hardly said or written anything, and therefore not really put a foot wrong. Well done Ben. You are an astute young man, as well as a classy player.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
White is obviously a good player but let’s not overlook the role played by Potter in introducing him as a right sided centre back in a back 3. To play him as a CB in a Back two without a towering partner at CB may show up his physicality issues. Let’s face it he’s no Harry Maguire in terms of stature and heading ability.
Ben is a great player but suits a back three rather than a back two I feel.
So Potter’s tactics last season helped him in his first season in the Premier League. When he goes to Arsenal he’ll have the weight of a £50m transfer fee on his shoulders. Still I’m sure the Arsenal fans will be patient with him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
White is obviously a good player but let’s not overlook the role played by Potter in introducing him as a right sided centre back in a back 3. To play him as a CB in a Back two without a towering partner at CB may show up his physicality issues. Let’s face it he’s no Harry Maguire in terms of stature and heading ability.
Ben is a great player but suits a back three rather than a back two I feel.
So Potter’s tactics last season helped him in his first season in the Premier League. When he goes to Arsenal he’ll have the weight of a £50m transfer fee on his shoulders. Still I’m sure the Arsenal fans will be patient with him.

you could run a team around him and biss as dm's ...3-2-4-1 formation ....between the 2 of them i reckon they run the show ....what do i know..?

D

Deleted member 2719

Ben White
Jul 2021 - Brighton accept £50m bid, with it seems a significant chunk being paid up front.

Well done our coaching maestro and his team in turning a £25m player into a £50m player in a year.

I hope he is getting a commission.:bowdown:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Would be massively surprised if our resident gormless Benny had any hand in the process whatsoever, other than being practically ordered to play BW by his paymasters:shrug:

[emoji23]. I do actually think there was prob alt quite a lot of pressure on GP to play Ben as think the plan was always to ride his value up and sell.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m surprised at you. White was tipped as an England player by Michael Flynn at Newport County, so Potter might not be the deciding factor, as it has been carefully managed by Brighton, but he did get his PL experience under him.
Brighton, as a club (includes youth coaching, and management) have handled this superbly, including selecting his loan clubs.

Ben White is the deciding factor in Ben Whites success.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
As always, thanks for stalking :thumbsup:

BW's reputation was forged at Leeds. The Cult Of Potter had the square root of f*ck all to do with enhancing his market value

lol.

So often I read a post on here thinking it must be the most stupid thing I’ve ever read, then low and behold it gets beaten.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
I read a bizarre comment, supposedly from Sky Sports, that Leeds would get 45% of whatever fee we sold BW for.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Its a fair assumption that with 1 more season and a solid season with Are plus becoming a regular in the England side off the next few seasons he will be valued closer to £100M. £50M for us is solid business. Considering where we are in the food chain we have played a blinder

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

To be fair it’s not like some of us weren’t saying this at the time. It would have been a shocking decision to sell him for that. I remember having this discussion a lot here last summer.

Though many were dropping their draws and rubbing their hands with glee at the first Leeds £25m bid.

Also it’s probably more down to Tony Blooms business acumen. But happy to see some folk catching up and giving recognition to Graham P [emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here