Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Graffiti Tagging - who is doing it and why?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, the failures of your generation makes it nearly impossible to buy a house nowadays unless you have filthy rich parents. I could work my bollocks of for 20 years and still not have the £300k needed for a bang average shed in this country.
Missing the point. IF you owned a house you would not laugh if it it was Graffiti tagged is my point

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I most likely would love it unless it was something really obscene or offensive.
Seems you’ll never know but unless you are a very odd chap (which you might be :wink:) there is no way you’d laugh at Graffiti on a house you’d spent time making nice imo :shrug:

If you would you might as well do it yourself

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Reaching out to those in the know here, and realising that I'm sounding like a naive old dear, but it's something that's been puzzling me for a while.

Graffiti tagging is epidemic in Brighton - and virtually any building is now fair game.

From the sheer number and variety of tags (not graffiti artwork, which is mostly pretty stunning), there must be a lot of people out and about with spray cans.

Yet when visiting city centres like Newcastle and Liverpool for away games they seem relatively untouched in comparison.

Why is it such a huge thing in Brighton? Who is doing it and why?

It's often kids with druggie parents, who get high or drunk at home and don't give a stuff about what their kids are up to. Homes where the father has gone for good and the mother is battling to keep things going are also part of the mix. It's all a bit sad however, that doesn't excuse it.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
It's often kids with druggie parents, who get high or drunk at home and don't give a stuff about what their kids are up to. Homes where the father has gone for good and the mother is battling to keep things going are also part of the mix. It's all a bit sad however, that doesn't excuse it.
And it's often kids from middle class homes who are just doing it for kicks...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
What a complete w@nker... moves to Brighton 6 years ago and causes thousands of pounds worth of damage and p1sses-off untold numbers of locals off in a city he claims to love...
And why is the council not prosecuting him? All the evidence is there before our eyes. Make an example of him and make some of the other @rseholes who ruin our city think twice before spraying some sh1tty tag over someone's business premises who is already probably struggling to say afloat...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And why is the council not prosecuting him? All the evidence is there before our eyes. Make an example of him and make some of the other @rseholes who ruin our city think twice before spraying some sh1tty tag over someone's business premises who is already probably struggling to say afloat...
I’m hoping there was more to the story and he got fined rather than getting away with cleaning it all off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here