Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graeme Smith...

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not in the reserves tomorrow.

Does anyone know if he is injured? If not, it may suggest he is starting on Saturday...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully starting Saturday and the "king" has passed his sell by date

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lets hope he is starting on Saturday along with Tunnicliffe!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've got a really bad feeling about Smith. Flapping about on his line as goals fly past from all angles in the first team, blooper type blunders in the stiffs, no experience beyond the SPL (hardly a testing ground apart from the top two) and a ringing endorsement from Mark McGhee whose previous best find was one Calamity Wayne Henderson.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I've got a really bad feeling about Smith. Flapping about on his line as goals fly past from all angles in the first team, blooper type blunders in the stiffs, no experience beyond the SPL (hardly a testing ground apart from the top two) and a ringing endorsement from Mark McGhee whose previous best find was one Calamity Wayne Henderson.

Your whole post shows you know absolutely f*** all about football.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
He did get a chance and he didn't impress as a previous poster said, but hopefully he will do better next chance he gets
Kuipers does not impress - how many chances does he get?!?!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
After Saturdays performance Kuipers has to be replaced - reactions of a tortoise springs to mind. Smith needs a proper run in the side so we can see one way or the other. If we carry on losing then it doesn't make any difference anyway!!!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Smith came here after a decent season in Scotland - including experience of playing against bigger clubs than in League One. He also played in the UEFA Cup earning rave reviews in a 1-0 defeat in Nancy. How much more experience does he need?

Craig Gordon had no more experience yet Sunderland spent several million on him.

We are a struggling side in the third tier - just who else do you think we can attract?

Having seen Kuipers' painful effort to stop the first goal on Saturday, Smith can't be much worse.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont Smith has played that badly. Yes he conceeded 9, but how many of them were his fault? I was at both games, and he had no chance for most of them. He cant keep everything out from the shower of shit that has been put infront of him.

The only goal I think he was at fault for was the one where he got chipped againt Stockport.

He made some brilliant saves, including a penalty in the Huddersfield game and kept the score under 10. The Stockport game he made an amazing double save before they scored.

So what if he made a cock up in the reserves, its the resevres. Kuipers has been at fault for a few of the goals in recent games, yet he seems untouchable. Im not saying he is a bad player, he is just out of form and needs to be dropped

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i like Kuipers he's still a good keeper, and yes he has made some recent mistakes one of which was hurtling off the line at Huddersfield getting sent off which led Smith to come on and save the penalty, although of course the 7 conceeded that day were the fault of Smith??!! what planet must you be on to think that? the one goal he was at fault for as previously stated was the lob against Stockport. He deserves a chance before he gets restless and leaves and turns out to be very good at another club, if he's rubbish then fine at least we took the gamble and found out.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
I dont Smith has played that badly. Yes he conceeded 9, but how many of them were his fault? I was at both games, and he had no chance for most of them. He cant keep everything out from the shower of shit that has been put infront of him.

The only goal I think he was at fault for was the one where he got chipped againt Stockport.

He made some brilliant saves, including a penalty in the Huddersfield game and kept the score under 10. The Stockport game he made an amazing double save before they scored.

So what if he made a cock up in the reserves, its the resevres. Kuipers has been at fault for a few of the goals in recent games, yet he seems untouchable. Im not saying he is a bad player, he is just out of form and needs to be dropped

Spot on! I love Kuipers, but Smith is not the only one this season to ship goals with the defence in front of him performing like semi pros

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If Smith was down for Saturday I would imagine one of them would be in for Pelling tonight. Either Smith to show he is in good nick and to get some match practice under his belt or Kuipers as some kick up the backside, show you are good enough signal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here