Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graeme smith to sign in the next few days

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:yahoo:

No WAY??!?! Are you just saying this because I made up the story last week and told you to apologise and bow to me when it happened?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Don't know what to make of this one.
Anecdotally Michel could probably do with the competion, so good.
Russel Slade allegedly likes big goalkeepers,but Smith is shorter than Michel.
Smith was priced up to £700k till his contract expired, so good.
He's a Scottish keeper, oh dear!!
Mark McGhee rates him highly. He thought the same about Calamity Wayne as he fumbled us out the Championship. Oh very dear!!
On balance, don't fancy this signing.:nono:

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I have already posted this elsewhere but, i asked a Well fan about him and he said that they had signed a new keeper so he was definately leaving. He also said he is a very good keeper, excellent shot stopper but a little weak on crosses.

All in i think he sounds good but i hope there is more to him than being a good shot stopper as i think the keeper we have (FDM) is also an excellent shot stopper.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I'm guessing he saw it in there and then posted on here without revealing his source to try and make himself look 'in the know'.

Why would I read the Scottish gossip column? :shrug:
A Text was the source if you really want to know, don't know where he heard/read it.

Could be a good signing though, looks like FDM is going to be a bench warmer.:cry:

scooter1

How soon is now?
Sounds like a potentially good signing, and we do need some quality competion for FDM(no disrespect to John Sullivan, but he wasn't really competition). I just hope his missus likes it down here, otherwise thats potentially another player signed, who we have to replace at some point down the line due to homesickness

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Don't know what to make of this one.
Anecdotally Michel could probably do with the competion, so good.
Russel Slade allegedly likes big goalkeepers,but Smith is shorter than Michel.
Smith was priced up to £700k till his contract expired, so good.
He's a Scottish keeper, oh dear!!
Mark McGhee rates him highly. He thought the same about Calamity Wayne as he fumbled us out the Championship. Oh very dear!!
On balance, don't fancy this signing.:nono:

If Mark rates him then lets get him. I'd be more than happy with that. McGhee can spot a good keeper when he sees one so lets sign this guy now. :albion2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Won't believe anything till anyone actually signs, don't think the signings we have made so far (bar Dicker) were expected or released until the day or thereabouts

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Sounds like a potentially good signing, and we do need some quality competion for FDM(no disrespect to John Sullivan, but he wasn't really competition). I just hope his missus likes it down here, otherwise thats potentially another player signed, who we have to replace at some point down the line due to homesickness

Don't get this post at all. John Sullivan wasn't competition!! In what way??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here