Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grabban

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, we failed to bag a great player and bottled it out of principle
But we don't actually know what we offered etc. If we offered the max our structure allows (as much as we pay anyone else) then I don't think we should have offered more.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I'm not sure hindsight was needed for Grabban - he was already doing very well in the Championship.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're the bloke who was going to bet on the 33/1 horse who won a race but, in the end, didn't.

Please tell us the lottery numbers for tomorrow night to validate your supreme judgement.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Apparently not worth the wages he wanted!! Scored twice tonight!! Who decides our wage cap??

Parrish isn't it? He's the man in charge at Selhurst isn't he?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wages are capped at 10,000 a week, except for CMS who is on 14,000.
Strange when Glen wanted 11,000, was offered 9,000 but went to Palace for 13,000.....................
Five players targeted now, so money will decide whether they come.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Thread: Grabban
by daveyboy1973

Grabban

Apparently not worth the wages he wanted!! Scored twice tonight!! Who decides our wage cap??

Today, 21:42

Thread: The past!!!
by daveyboy1973

And I'm not a bedwetter

by daveyboy1973

Edit: don't wanna be playing catch up

by daveyboy1973

The past!!!

Why do people keep going on about the past and where we come from? Are we gonna be saying that forever? We all know what we've been through!!! The point is we have the highest attendances outside of...

Thread: Sami disappointed with the crowd for Southampton game [video]
by daveyboy1973

He looks and sounds like a man that thinks he's ****ed up coming here!!!!!

Thread: Brighton vs Southampton match thread
by daveyboy1973

Wow friendly or not, this is embarrassing!!!!!

Thread: Brighton vs Southampton match thread
by daveyboy1973

Have we actually been in their half!!!! Do the powers that be actually realise the season starts next week?????

Thread: Stockdale will he sign today !!!!
by daveyboy1973

And......... Surprise surprise still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread: Stockdale will he sign today !!!!
by daveyboy1973

And..................nothing

Thread: Emergency meeting + stockdale update
by daveyboy1973

And........... Nothing!!

Thread: "3 More Deals/Loans Next Week" - BBC
by daveyboy1973

Johhny cantor/Andy naylor neither of them have a ****ing clue what's going on!!!!!

Thread: Stream for tonight?
by daveyboy1973

Good luck sami!!! Your gonna need it

Thread: Stream for tonight?
by daveyboy1973

Lua lua same shower of shit every time he starts!!!!

Thread: O'Grady can be a big hit.
by daveyboy1973

New news would be nice in stead of the same regurgitated shit!!!!!

Thread: Luke Brattan
by daveyboy1973

Is that the extent of our ambition??????

Thread: Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)
by daveyboy1973

I really don't care who is or isn't gonna be our assistant manager, I'm much more interested in what PLAYERS we are gonna buy!!!!!!!

Thread: Brentford
by daveyboy1973

I hope we are looking at bigger targets!!! Otherwise this déjà vu feeling is getting a bit tedious!!!!

Congratulations on the COVETED NSC's Biggest Whinger of the Summer Award

You must literally spend your entire life on NSC !!!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Strange when Glen wanted 11,000, was offered 9,000 but went to Palace for 13,000.....................

Wages are capped at £10,000 a week. EXCEPT CMS ??????? So how are they capped then and how would you know ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Wages are capped at £10,000 a week. EXCEPT CMS ??????? So how are they capped then and how would you know ?

Information received. FFP is a factor. Probably why the Ward deal has not gone through at the moment. Iv'e always stated from day one the stance re Glen through first hand info. The 5 have been on the radar for a while, hopefully signings if the wage is accepted. That's all.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep, we failed to bag a great player and bottled it out of principle, not for business or even football reasons, and we are feeling the fall out from January now. We would have always at least of got our money back on him and as it turns out a £2m profit if we didn't get promotion and decided to sell him.

Oscar clearly saw his value and we should have made the investment on his judgement because it would have been good business whatever the scenario.

That's funny because the two stories I heard were a) that Oscar wasn't bothered and he didn't sign because he wouldn't meet with him or b) he was using us to get a better deal at Bournemouth. But obviously you know better. I used to think you were a sensible poster but you're actually amongst the worst of the moaners.

As for Van Dijk, why does he keep getting brought up. Groningen wouldn't sell him. It wasn't a case of bidding £500K more (to the poster who said that). Our fans are really thick sometimes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar clearly saw his value and we should have made the investment on his judgement because it would have been good business whatever the scenario.

Possibly the straw that broke the camel's back for Oscar resulting in more shuffling in the close season? Maybe TB is gonna back this manager?

Whatever the reason I feel Oscar was hung out to dry with the transfers in and out last season.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I assume Buckley is on more than 10K after he signed his last contract.

Last edited:

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
What if we had splashed the cash on Grabban, got beaten in the playoffs and Oscar still left? We could have been left with a striker we'd paid a decent amount for, on very good wages, that didn't fit into the new managers system.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What if we had splashed the cash on Grabban, got beaten in the playoffs and Oscar still left? We could have been left with a striker we'd paid a decent amount for, on very good wages, that didn't fit into the new managers system.

Norwich would have bought him off us for quite a bit more than we paid for him of course :smile:

With him we may have done enough in the 1st leg play off to not have had to go to Derby to win. All ifs and buts but worth discussing as it COULD have made a difference to our season and Oscar walking.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Possibly the straw that broke the camel's back for Oscar resulting in more shuffling in the close season? Maybe TB is gonna back this manager?

Whatever the reason I feel Oscar was hung out to dry with the transfers in and out last season.

Oscar , according to TB , asked for Rodriguez in Jan.
He got him. 1 goal.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia

What complete and utter rubbish. If that was our wages cap then our football costs would be around 10 million a year. Instead it is public information that they are more than double that. I don't know where this wage cap nonsense came from, but the facts are out there and it simply isn't true.

What is true:
TB doesn't want to pay people more than we think they are worth. Nothing wrong with that.
Last year we had a group of ten players who were being paid on average around 20,000 a week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here