Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GPs

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Just had a heated debate with some collegues regarding GPs.

Is it still reasonable to expect to see your own GP?

Personally I don't think it should matter who you see. What's more important is getting seen a) sooner and b) when it suit you. i.e. evenings and weekends.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'll go wherever I can be seen fastest. Not like its any hassle to set up a new patient entry, etc on their side or anything

Does the NHS allow you to go where you like? The GMS here doesn't but you need to be fairly skint to get GMS coverage.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I think it is better to see your GP as he knows you and knows the sort of things that would help you. Saying that if it is an emergancy apointment i do not care who I see as long as they can help you.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
B.M.F said:
I think it is better to see your GP as he knows you and knows the sort of things that would help you. Saying that if it is an emergancy apointment i do not care who I see as long as they can help you.

Agree. I always prefer to see the same GP simply for continuity.

My biggest annoyance is not being allowed to make an appointment in advance. I leave for work at 6.30am but cannot phone the surgery until 9am in the hope of an appointment. What's wrong with being able to ring the day before so I don't have the potential waste of hours the next day and not getting an appointment.

Oh, and receptionists - It has sod all to do with you what is wrong with me. Don't ask because I'm not going to tell you.:angry:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
we can make appointments at the surgery in newhaven.

i make one every day.....if i wake up and feel ok, i simply ring up and cancel :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here