Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: At least three BHA members of staff have Covid

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Presumably as tests everyday knows is not positive so doesn’t need wear a mask to protect others

Covid doesn’t give a positive test straight away.

Despite me having (now obvious) clear symptoms, I gave negative test results in both Finland and the UK, the former taken by medics. It was the third test, about 36 hours after the symptoms and probably 3 days after catching Covid that I gave a positive result.

If true about Sanchez, a key player, I doubt he’s complying with club protocols.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst being totally pro vaccine myself and being double jabbed and about to get my third, I do understand why players might be hesitatant to get it.

They will have spent the majority of the last 10/15 years or so being trained and moulded to be hugely careful about what goes into their body and especially careful when it comes to drugs and treatments. And these are athletes who have to be at the absolute peak of their physical condition every week so I also think it’s understandable they might be nervous about taking something that might adversely effect their performance even if just for a few days.

I hope the clubs are educating the players so that they can see the long term benefit of the vaccines but I don’t think the players who have chosen not to have it deserve over the top criticism, it’s not that simple.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Whilst being totally pro vaccine myself and being double jabbed and about to get my third, I do understand why players might be hesitatant to get it.

They will have spent the majority of the last 10/15 years or so being trained and moulded to be hugely careful about what goes into their body and especially careful when it comes to drugs and treatments. And these are athletes who have to be at the absolute peak of their physical condition every week so I also think it’s understandable they might be nervous about taking something that might adversely effect their performance even if just for a few days.

I hope the clubs are educating the players so that they can see the long term benefit of the vaccines but I don’t think the players who have chosen not to have it deserve over the top criticism, it’s not that simple.

I'm not sure I really accept that. As others have noted, they will have access to private medical staff and been injected with all sorts - there have been plenty of reports over the years of players being given injections to allow them to play through injuries etc. I'm assuming when they've gone on international tours they've had to take some injections. We've seen players partying with balloons, hookahs, drinking in clubs etc. There may be one or two puritanical players who refuse to let anything in their bodies for fear of their performance, but not anywhere near enough to explain wide spread hesitancy.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm not sure I really accept that. As others have noted, they will have access to private medical staff and been injected with all sorts - there have been plenty of reports over the years of players being given injections to allow them to play through injuries etc. I'm assuming when they've gone on international tours they've had to take some injections. We've seen players partying with balloons, hookahs, drinking in clubs etc. There may be one or two puritanical players who refuse to let anything in their bodies for fear of their performance, but not anywhere near enough to explain wide spread hesitancy.

But injected with things that have been used for years for conditions that have been know for years so they know better the short and long term effects of them - we’re still learning about the vaccines and Covid.

Plus those injections would have been to enable them to perform or improve their condition, the vaccine could make them ill for a couple of days or certainly below their best which means they either miss a match or don’t perform at their best. Every match is huge for them and for guys who are at low risk from Covid, I can see why they might decide not to risk an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Particularly as these guys have lived incredibly sheltered lives since their childhood.

the BAHA players (generally speaking, without being in any way specific) are actually quite anti vac believe it or not

Quite funny no one has picked up on this comment given the nuclear levels of heat of earlier in the thread

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Not only the long term benefits but also the long term dangers of contracting COVID.

A bout of long COVID could potentially end their career.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Covid doesn’t give a positive test straight away.

Despite me having (now obvious) clear symptoms, I gave negative test results in both Finland and the UK, the former taken by medics. It was the third test, about 36 hours after the symptoms and probably 3 days after catching Covid that I gave a positive result.

If true about Sanchez, a key player, I doubt he’s complying with club protocols.

If he was in Tesco and has no mask exemption not only is he not complying with club protocols he is also breaking the law.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This has become accepted fact, fuel for a thundering opinion piece, a social media calling-out, for insinuations about the hive mind idiocies of wealthy working-class men. Footballers, who are disproportionately unvaccinated, should have their jab status coercively published. Footballers, who are disproportionately unvaccinated, should be deprived of their salaries when they miss games. Footballers, who are disproportionately unvaccinated, should be forced to pay the expenses of those who lose out due to cancellations.

Which is fine. Except, one simple fact undermines all of this. Footballers are not disproportionately unvaccinated. It can look like that if you dress it right. But in any sensible context it’s not actually true.​

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-covid-vaccinations-and-performative-scolding

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here