Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Government Petition to allow supports back at all levels

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The important thing is protecting the vulnerable, but can we trust people when they don't even wash their hands, after visiting the loos?

Do you really see that as an argument against ..because in all sincerity you won’t be trusting people to do anything anywhere

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can you link to that statistic, as it would be really interesting to see, as I have seen those within the catering industry questioning the figures!

The argus actually had some charts in a recent article but I cant find it now.

Have a photo on phone though and it tracked acute respiratory infection ( ARI ) such as flu etc and then more specifically Covid.

The chart said Educational settings top , care homes + workplace settings then take up the majority

Prison , food outlet / restaurant / other were very small numbers on the chart.

Not relating to this thread but again disproves the 10pm curfew as nonsense

Probably all this is for another topic though.

for this thread ...............Petition signed and circulated though

D

Deleted member 2719

The idea would be to start slowly, like we already have at the Amex for the Chelsea friendly, at all of the grounds. There is football with spectators going on already as it is - the FA Cup games last weekend were attended in part.

Getting things going should be a gradual process with clear warnings about any potential difficulties, but I don't agree with the complete block on any game attendance over a certain level. Why not start with 5% capacity for home fans only and build up from there?

Are you nuts man?

Just imagine a forest fire, that has died down, then we have a gust or two reigniting it.

But you seem to want to dump some accelerant on it and fan the flames.

It is obviously guys like you who only think of one person.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can you link to that statistic, as it would be really interesting to see, as I have seen those within the catering industry questioning the figures!

Dark..I can’t send you a link off hand but I’ve seen plenty of stats in the form of a pie chart showing it’s relatively small..it indicated care homes..hospitals as the biggest..but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat it with caution

There's really no excuse if the O2, Alexandra Palace and the Royal Albert Hall are re-opening with restricted capacities in the near future > https://www.iq-mag.net/2020/10/live-music-returns-uk-biggest-venues/#.X3zP9y2ZOqA

Just because its done elsewhere doesn't make it safe to do. Large gatherings should be banned. Non league whereunder 200 attend can have proper social distancing. One step at a time TV money can support the Premier league so fans are not essential at the moment.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you really see that as an argument against ..because in all sincerity you won’t be trusting people to do anything anywhere

I'm not arguing, but putting forward my opinion. You're right in that I trust very few people so therefore I don't want to be putting myself into a more vulnerable position. I have to weigh up the odds (from someone who doesn't gamble) and think about whether I am safe or not.
I'm not a person who is afraid of everything and any thing, but did go to France on holiday and had minor surgery last month. Both times I felt safe, as lots of precautions were in place.
A football stadium even a third full is not a safe place, imo.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not arguing, but putting forward my opinion. You're right in that I trust very few people so therefore I don't want to be putting myself into a more vulnerable position. I have to weigh up the odds (from someone who doesn't gamble) and think about whether I am safe or not.
I'm not a person who is afraid of everything and any thing, but did go to France on holiday and had minor surgery last month. Both times I felt safe, as lots of precautions were in place.
A football stadium even a third full is not a safe place, imo.

Well I don’t think anyone on here has suggested a third full at least not at the Amex ..and you haven’t even seen what precautions would be put in place yet before you’ve made a decision

Having said that one it’s your choice and that’s fine by me..I’d like to have a choice to...as regards to toilets yes it’s a disgusting habit ..but one that can happen anywhere ..fortunately for me I wouldn’t have to touch a door handle to erm relieve myself

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just because its done elsewhere doesn't make it safe to do. Large gatherings should be banned. Non league whereunder 200 attend can have proper social distancing. One step at a time TV money can support the Premier league so fans are not essential at the moment.

So is that a no then

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I want to sign that . . .I'd feel perfectly safe outside at Steyning/ or Shoreham for example, but won't be going to the Amex for a while. . . .so won't selfish desperation is not a good enough reason. the PL can survive without . . . lower leagues need help. . . . its very ground/club/area specific.

My lads just been sent home from school. as have his whole year . . .1 case yesterday, 2 more today . . . . . . it's coming to get you!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well I don’t think anyone on here has suggested a third full at least not at the Amex ..and you haven’t even seen what precautions would be put in place yet before you’ve made a decision

What do you think that the club's DESIRED level of fan attendance would be? What do you regard a SAFE level to be?

Let's say 3,000. It would only be a week or so later before 6,000....then 10,000 was requested.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Having said that one it’s your choice and that’s fine by me..I’d like to have a choice to...as regards to toilets yes it’s a disgusting habit ..but one that can happen anywhere ..fortunately for me I wouldn’t have to touch a door handle to erm relieve myself

It's the concourses and transport.

********s with faux medical exemptions refusing to wear a mask, or wearing it incorrectly quite deliberately. Most of us adhere, but there's a growing (selective) libertarian grouping who think they know more than the experts or BHAFC, in this case. Bound to be quite a few CV19 dickheads in 10,000 or 15,000.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What do you think that the club's DESIRED level of fan attendance would be? What do you regard a SAFE level to be?

Let's say 3,000. It would only be a week or so later before 6,000....then 10,000 was requested.

I’m not a health and safety expert ..and really you are using an argument that it would go higher and higher each week ...you don’t know ..

I’m open to going back to test events

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

********s with faux medical exemptions refusing to wear a mask, or wearing it incorrectly quite deliberately. Most of us adhere, but there's a growing (selective) libertarian grouping who think they know more than the experts or BHAFC, in this case. Bound to be quite a few CV19 dickheads in 10,000 or 15,000.

My feelings exactly. I've seen it on the buses already.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Dark..I can’t send you a link off hand but I’ve seen plenty of stats in the form of a pie chart showing it’s relatively small..it indicated care homes..hospitals as the biggest..but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t treat it with caution

Unfortunately like so many things regarding the data, the water is very muddy.

It appears that what is being reported in the case of the pie charts is incidence and not cases. An incidence, as decided by PHE is where there are multiple cases in one location, so a pub could have one or two cases but not register, as it's not an incident!

Confused.com

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Their were dickheads in society pre COVID and there’ll be dickheads after ..so they rule what we do?

Suddenly you’ve jumped on 10k and 15k ..personally I’ve never quoted those figures ..I’d like to see a return of test events like I have said in quite a few posts ..but that seems to be ignored

It’s easy to just put obstacles in the way of a problem the hard part is trying to find d a workable solution ..that will take compromise from both sides of the argument..just my opinion ..I’d like the choice and I don’t think I’m being irresponsible..although I’ll probably get accused of it.

Anyway this is the last I’ll be posting on the thread but by all means reply away ..time for me to take a break ta ta

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I’m not a health and safety expert ..and really you are using an argument that it would go higher and higher each week ...you don’t know ..

I’m open to going back to test events

As I said before, a one off novelty friendly is a tad different to 5-10k fans weekly, many of whom might not give a Donald about wearing a mask.

I really don't think 2,500 would help BHA that much in sales etc. They would, I'm sure, be looking for much larger figures.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said before, a one off novelty friendly is a tad different to 5-10k fans weekly, many of whom might not give a Donald about wearing a mask.

I really don't think 2,500 would help BHA that much in sales etc. They would, I'm sure, be looking for much larger figures.

It would probably be a loss as stewarding and catering need to be paid for.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My feelings exactly. I've seen it on the buses already.

Covered on LBC today in the Shelagh Fogarty show. Her guest was a 'Vector Biologist' from Keele University. They had a close look at why this summer's semi-lockdown restrictions in the Manchester conurbation in particular, have failed, the lack of success doesn't make sense. The suspicion is that large portions of the population have in essence ignored the law and rules, for example, by suppling fake contact details in track'n'trace at restaurants and pubs.

A sizeable chunk of Brits seem determined never to be told what to do in life. It's funny old country!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here