Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gout!

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Voltaren worked for me. Bought it over the counter at the local chemist, recommended by the young girl working there .

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Never had gout but had kidney stones just over three years ago. My GP recently started me on Allopurinol after a blood test showed my uric acid levels were creeping up and a subsequent test revealed they're going back down again, so it seems to be working. I'm glad my GP stepped in when he did, 'cos I certainly don't want more kidney stones and looking at the horror picture of gout on here, I'll try and avoid that too! Good luck to everyone battling the stones and the gout!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Suffered occasional bouts of gout in my instep for a number of years. I swear by colchicine taken when it strikes. Turns your guts to liquid but clears the problem in a couple of days every time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had about 4 attacks, 2 minor and 2 fairly major - first one was agony, 2 nights of absolutely no sleep.

As others say, Apple Cyder Vinegar - couple of tablespoons neat, brutal taste but seems to work.
Tonnes of water.
Cherry Juice/Concentrated Black Cherry tablets.

And for me it's avoiding too much alcohol and red meat. My big right toe will often twinge a bit if I'm getting dehydrated so that's a warning signal - as soon as I feel that twinge I make the necessary changes and that stops it getting any worse for me usually - being careful has meant that - thus far - I haven't had to go on allopurinol/colchicine.

Good luck with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here